cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus App says computer does not meet updated minimum specs.

goldenwind321
Honored Guest

I purchased new computer with a GTX 4060, intel 7 processor, and 32 GB of RAM. Not sure why I am getting the message that the software in my PC does not meet the standards. Trying to set up Quest link on the PC.

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @goldenwind321! We're excited to get you into the wonderful world of PCVR gaming, so we popped in to help out! To begin with, let's make sure we have a good idea of this situation overall. Please clarify, have you ever successfully connected your headset to a PC via Meta Quest Link in the past? What specific cable are you using to connect your headset to a PC, and where was it purchased from? Is that pop-up message getting in the way of you gaming or is it more of a background notification? Lastly, can you confirm that your PC meets the full requirements to support Meta Quest Link as listed here? Keep us updated and we can continue from there!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, hello, @goldenwind321! We're checking back in to make sure you were able to get that error message you were seeing with your Meta Quest Link connection all sorted out on your side. If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know and be sure to share to share those requested details from our last post for clarification. We'll always be happy to hear from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello.
Got problem with rtx 4060 on laptop. i7 gen 13. 64 ram.
Link app just says my graphic card is incompatible. does not allow me to do any adjustments.
Was using it 6 month already without issues. quest 2 and 3 both.
Now my headset became useless as I only use it for PCVR. any advice ?
4060 should be in supported gpu list no ? no matter is it pc or laptop ?

Hey again, and thanks for this update. In the past 6 months has there been any changes made to your devices or to your computer? It could possibly be that your drivers may need to be updated, and you can do that here. Also, is this error message allowing you to still game or running in the background? Lastly, what cable are you using to link your device to the PC? It is also possible that updating the app can be an issue as well.

We look forward to your reply!

Hey, @flyergeorge! We want to make sure that you're able to use PCVR, so we're checking to see how everything's going. If you're still unable to Link to your PC, please click the link to review how to update your drivers and answer the questions in our previous post. We can't wait for your reply!

Hello. Thanks for asking 🙂
I've deleted all oculus related files/folders from user folder and temps. Made clean install.
This time it worked.
All good so far (Y)

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hey @flyergeorge! We are so happy that you have found a solution! If you have any problems, please don't hesitate to reach out to us! We hope that you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?