cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus App won't install, keeps stalling on Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2013 part

Cbp846
Honored Guest

The title says it all, my Oculus app for PC won't reinstall after I removed it due to issues with my headset. 

It is now stuck on this screen.

Cbp846_0-1657491647615.png

According to Task Manager, it's installing the Visual C++ Redistributable at this point, but it's using 0% of my disk. My disk isn't too busy either, it's just doing nothing.

Cbp846_1-1657491754929.png

I've looked all over the internet, I've just tried waiting, and it won't budge! Somebody please help, I just want to get back into Rec Room...

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Cbp846! We know how concerning it can be when you're waiting for the PC app to reinstall. We appreciate you providing this information and screenshots. With the install being stuck where it is, we recommend updating the Visual C++ Redistributables to resolve this issue.

If you find that you are still unable to install Oculus Home, please gather your logs and submit them in a support ticket here so we can look into this even further. The steps to gather your logs can be found in this public support article. Please attach them to your support ticket along with the details of your issue, and one of our agents will be happy to assist you further. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!