cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Application Communication Error to Servers within Firm Network

engie-bvs
Honored Guest
Hello,
I recently installed the oculus application on my work pc. No problems there. No problem on a public network. But when I try to open it on the firms network, communication to the oculus servers / url's are blocked. vtoe4oellyr2.png
Can anyone tell me what links / url's need to be white-listed in order for the communication to work.

Thx for the help

Bart
9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @engie-bvs, for the Oculus Home software to properly connect to the Oculus/Facebook servers, the following domains must be accessible:
  • oculus.com
  • facebook.com
  • fbcdn.net
  • akamaihd.net
Also, you'll need to allow outbound connections to port 443 (TCP), 3478 (TCP) and/or the 50000-59999 range (UDP).

Thanks,
-Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

engie-bvs
Honored Guest
Thx Rick for the info. I'll forward it to the IT Service and let you know if it works. 

engie-bvs
Honored Guest
Hi Rick,
The ports that are requested can be opened, but only to the specific URLs.
fbcdn.net and akamaihd.net are a to wide range. For this, more specific URLs must be supplied to the IT service
Thx

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi @engie-bvs, we aren't able to provide more specific URLs. Please feel free to contact support at https://support.oculus.com if you have any more questions. Thanks! - Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi.

I am having this issue in 2023. Is this list still valid and complete?

No meta.com?

Installing the Oculus Home app on my enterprise network with https proxy fails with network connection error. Probably the installer detects enterprise certificate instead of Meta certificate on the https connection and drops it on the client end.

IT asks for a a list if IPs to exclude from the proxy.

Hey there, @lukasz.stec. We can definitely understand your concerns regarding this issue, and how it would negatively impact your VR experience. We'd be glad to help out! Here's the link to the Meta Store Support website where we'll be able to help out with this. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you! 

lukasz.stec
Honored Guest

Thank you MeteQuestSupport for directing me yo the form, I contacted your through it and in your response you direct me this this very thread.

As for your suggestion to contact my company IT support as I stated in my ticket I am contacting you on behalf of my IT support. They need IP addresses the installer needs excluded from the https proxy. I again ask you to provide the list. The list of domains is not the information they are looking for and they won't exclude whole facebook.com from the https proxy.

The installer fails on certificate verification for Microsoft redistributables despite zScaler is added as trusted root certificate.

Line  9760: [Error] [3/31/2023 5:25:12 PM] Error downloading 'visual-cpp-2015-update-3.exe'!
    Line  9782: [Error] [3/31/2023 5:25:12 PM] Error downloading 'visual-cpp-2013.exe'!
    Line  9804: [Error] [3/31/2023 5:25:12 PM] Error downloading 'visual-cpp-2013-x86.exe'!
    Line  9826: [Error] [3/31/2023 5:25:12 PM] Error downloading 'visual-cpp-2017.exe'!

I verified the bellow certificates that the installer claims to be invalid are installed in the Windows certificate store.

[Warning] [3/31/2023 5:25:12 PM] Download attempt 10 failed!
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
   at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Daybreak.Net.Networker.<GetStream>d__10.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Daybreak.Net.FileDownloader.<DownloadFile>d__5.MoveNext()
[Debug] [3/31/2023 5:25:12 PM] Full chain details:
Chain element 0:
[Subject] CN=*.oculus.com, O="Meta Platforms, Inc.", L=Menlo Park, S=California, C=US
[Issuer] CN="Zscaler Intermediate Root CA (zscalerthree.net) (t) ", OU=Zscaler Inc., O=Zscaler Inc., S=California, C=US
[Serial Number] 74AEFAF5D20B66EDB9AE1CC12AF3D3DD
[Not Before] 3/25/2023 2:54:43 AM
[Not After] 4/8/2023 3:54:43 AM
[Thumbprint] 0E0D8B0BAA27C6C3657D486E8C7DCCCF491B23F5
Chain element 1:
[Subject] CN="Zscaler Intermediate Root CA (zscalerthree.net) (t) ", OU=Zscaler Inc., O=Zscaler Inc., S=California, C=US
[Issuer] E=support@zscaler.com, CN=Zscaler Intermediate Root CA (zscalerthree.net), OU=Zscaler Inc., O=Zscaler Inc., S=California, C=US
[Serial Number] 641E5463
[Not Before] 3/25/2023 2:54:43 AM
[Not After] 4/8/2023 3:54:43 AM
[Thumbprint] 81A1F487C1BF5A812BF90FFEAA4DC74685F16E6E
Chain element 2:
[Subject] E=support@zscaler.com, CN=Zscaler Intermediate Root CA (zscalerthree.net), OU=Zscaler Inc., O=Zscaler Inc., S=California, C=US
[Issuer] E=support@zscaler.com, CN=Zscaler Root CA, OU=Zscaler Inc., O=Zscaler Inc., L=San Jose, S=California, C=US
[Serial Number] 0101
[Not Before] 6/5/2020 7:32:44 AM
[Not After] 6/23/2041 7:32:44 AM
[Thumbprint] 366565270D981152A2AEFCCB7C83594D238F8B09
Chain element 3:
[Subject] E=support@zscaler.com, CN=Zscaler Root CA, OU=Zscaler Inc., O=Zscaler Inc., L=San Jose, S=California, C=US
[Issuer] E=support@zscaler.com, CN=Zscaler Root CA, OU=Zscaler Inc., O=Zscaler Inc., L=San Jose, S=California, C=US
[Serial Number] 00DBBE982D89B77B93
[Not Before] 12/19/2014 1:27:55 AM
[Not After] 5/6/2042 2:27:55 AM
[Thumbprint] D72F47D87420E3F0F9BDCAC6F03A566743C481B9

[Warning] [3/31/2023 5:25:12 PM] SSL certificate failed validation!
[Warning] [3/31/2023 5:25:12 PM] Download attempt 10 failed!
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
   at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
   at Daybreak.Net.Networker.<GetStream>d__10.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at Daybreak.Net.FileDownloader.<DownloadFile>d__5.MoveNext()
[Error] [3/31/2023 5:25:12 PM] Error downloading 'visual-cpp-2015-update-3.exe'!

So once again I ask you on behalf of my company IT support for the list of IP ranges the installer needs disabled so they can get this to work.

Hey there, @lukasz.stec. Thank you for reaching out. To better assist you and your IT support we would recommend contacting our amazing support team. Once there we can take a deeper dive into your issue. We want to get you back in the VR world soon and hope to see your ticket!

Hello, I too am currently having this problem.
Is this list still valid and complete?↓↓

For the Oculus Home software to properly connect to the Oculus/Facebook servers, the following domains must be accessible:
oculus.com
facebook.com
fbcdn.net
akamaihd.net
Also, you'll need to allow outbound connections to port 443 (TCP), 3478 (TCP) and/or the 50000-59999 range (UDP).