cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus CV1 Blackscreen

SeaLynx
Honored Guest
Hey all, ( sorry for my bad english )

Yesterday I got my Rift. After I run the Full Setup (without any problems) the Rift worked just fine. I played for 2 hours and then i took a short break. After that i run Lucky's Tale but about 10 minutes later the Screen in the Rift went black. Since then I only hear Sound but nothing on Screen anymore. Has anyone else ever experience this before ? I dont now what to do....

What I already tried:
- Update graphic driver ( Im using Radeon Crimson 16.3.2)
- HDMI - DVI adapter
- reinstall Oculus Software

My System:
- Intel Core I7 4790K
- MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G
- 16 GB GSkill RAM
- Win 10 Pro 64Bit
23 REPLIES 23

SeaLynx
Honored Guest
I'm really out of ideas right now. The Support also don't respond anymore.... -.-

Strategos_
Explorer
I have the same issue. Seems like it happens every 15 minutes or so, but it varies. Sometimes its HDMI issue, sometimes sensor, sometimes" your headset is having problems" - the errors are a split second, it disconnects, and reconnects. But leaves the game with a black screen, it's still running just no visuals in Rift. Game requires restart, Oculus home is working fine.

I have recommended USB3 card. Latest Nvidia drivers. I've disabled power saving on USB card and rift sensor in control panel and disabled sleep mode on my PC. I've disconnected my 2nd montitor and ensured Rift HDMI connector is secure.

Nothing has helped. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I received my rift yesterday and I too was having this issue were the rift screen would go black and I heard the windows device disconnect sound. I fixed by turning off "power saving" on the USB hubs used by the rift in windows device manager.

Device manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers > right click on USB hub (I just did them all) > power management tab > un-tick "Allow the computer to turn off this device to power save"

SeaLynx
Honored Guest

cbromley said:

I received my rift yesterday and I too was having this issue were the rift screen would go black and I heard the windows device disconnect sound. I fixed by turning off "power saving" on the USB hubs used by the rift in windows device manager.

Device manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers > right click on USB hub (I just did them all) > power management tab > un-tick "Allow the computer to turn off this device to power save"

It didn't work for me. Nevertheless thanks for the reply 🙂

SeaLynx
Honored Guest
Today finally my replacement cable arrived and the Rift actually work now. So it seems there was really something wrong with my first cable.
Thanks again for all the replys and good luck for everybody else who still have problems with there Rifts !

doright
Explorer
Yesterday I updated my Inateck USB 3.0 PCI card driver with host driver found at https://support.zoho.com/portal/frescologic/home since then I have had the random black Rift screens. It was previously solid. Will try to roll back driver this evening and see if it returns to normal.

EliteSPA
Superstar
Did you try to reboot? into settings-beta
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

aiaustin
Expert Protege

I have been having the Oculus Rift CV1 screen black out after a few minutes when in apps like vTime and AltSpace. I hear the USB disconnect beeps as it goes black.  The app keeps running and I see the monitor mirror, and sound keeps operating.  But the Rift view has gone.  After maybe 30 seconds it comes back, but sometimes it shows the Oculus Home screen then, where the app is definitely still running.

I have USB 3.0 ports on my main Dell Precision T3610 setup but with the Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft) that the Oculus compatibility checker version 1.0.0.229595 recently reports as incompatible (maybe for the front panel USB 3.0 ports which are underpowered and I am not using). Note though that the setup was indicated as compatible back in January with Compatibility Checker 150206!  But, to try to fix this, I added an extra Inateck Superspeed 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card and have installed the latest drivers "FLUSB3.0-3.6.8.0a.exe" from their support site. I have unticked the power management for all the USB hubs and have rebooted in Oculus Home - Settings - Beta, as well as rebooting the computer a few times, as some suggested here on the forums that these actions might help.

Fishing around and looking at other forum posts about intermittent black screen on the Rift I did some more digging.

The Oculus Sensor plugged into the Inateck PCI-e card is reporting it is on USB 3.0, but the Rift plugged into another of the Inateck USB 3.0 PCI-e card ports reported USB as 2.0 in Oculus - Settings - Devices.  I could not see why.  If I plug it into the original Dell Renesas USB 3.0 port it shows in Oculus - Settings - Devices as 3.0.

I do not recall having these Rift screen black out problems when I first set up my Rift CV1 back in April.

So its all a bit confusing, and the black outs really mean its almost unusable at the moment. I see others are reporting similar problems, and I wonder if an Oculus software update introduced this.

Emvy-
Honored Guest
I also have the issue. unable to finish a single race longer then 15 minutes in project cars. (what I mostly bought VR for). this is annoying 😞

jeor
Honored Guest
SeaLynx...Glad you got it fixed.  I currently have a ticket in with support.  Im fairly certain the HDMI connector is damaged.  The pins are uneven and some bulge to the back.  Hopefully they can get a new cable out sooner rather than later.  I wish they just used a USB and HDMI/DP cable so we could correct this on our own :neutral: