Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus CV1 Rift Hardware Error

SPAR107
Honored Guest

Hello,

Problem

Currently attempting to set up a Oculus CV1 my brother graciously gave me and am currently running into an issue but I cannot get it past the 'setup' phase. When attempting to set up the device using the oculus software I make it past the "Connect Your Rift Headset and Oculus Sensors" but as I move through the set up I get stopped at the next screen and am prompted with "Oculus Hardware Error." Now, when I skip the setup and head to device settings, the rift is cycling between green across the board and having 'poor tracking quality.'

Attempts to solve

I've attempted to change USB ports, reseat cables, and reinstall Oculus software with no luck. I have also attempted to change USB setting as suggested by some guides I've found online. 

Any assistance with this would be appreciated. Let me know if I can provide anything that would be of help.

Thank you,

SPAR107

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello there,

Sorry for the lack of response, I've been talking with MetaSupport via email for a bit. We've isolated the problem down to a Firmware issue on the headset and I'll be sending it in for a RMA to get it sorted out. I should be good to go now though.

Thank you for checking up on this again!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya @SPAR107. We know how fun PCVR can be and not to worry we are going to make sure you get the chance to experience it. We appreciate you trying those steps to fix this. Luckily we have a couple more that should help with this. 

First and foremost can you make sure that you meet our Rift PC Requirements?  If you do, we would like for you to try and repair the desktop app for us. We would also like for you to make sure that your GPU is up to date. 

Can you also follow these steps to reinstall the Oculus Drivers?

1. Close the Oculus app
  2. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command
  3. Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers
  4. Open oculus-driver
  5. Open the Oculus app and then try to connect your headset again

Can you also make sure that your USB drivers are up to date? You can go here to learn how to do that.

We are looking forward to hearing how of any of these steps help you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again. We are just reaching back out to see if any of the steps that we provided yesterday were any help with your Rift issues. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello there,

Sorry for the lack of response, I've been talking with MetaSupport via email for a bit. We've isolated the problem down to a Firmware issue on the headset and I'll be sending it in for a RMA to get it sorted out. I should be good to go now though.

Thank you for checking up on this again!

No need for the apologies! We are just glad that you were able to figure out the reason. It's good to know that our support team was able to assist you further with this. Let us know if you need anything else!