cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Client and programs needing Admin rights

Aspen31
Honored Guest

I operate Prepar3dV5 through Oculus Client but Oculus Client does not run P3D with Admin rights - needed to operate some of the P3D functions. Is there a way to cause Oculus Client to run P3D with Admin rights?

Thanks

Warren

17 REPLIES 17

DevilKkw
Expert Protege

Don't launch from oculs software,Go where program is installed, find exe file, right click, esec as admin.

If i launch outside Oculus Client the program works correctly but the VR doesn't work at all.

DevilKkw
Expert Protege

See the propriety of file, and check Always run as administrator.

Now launch from oculus.

If I set the program in the .exe to always run as administrator then the program will not launch in Oculus Client.

I can launch the program without Admin rights through Oculus Client and have some parts of the program not work correctly or I can assign Admin rights to the program and have the program work correctly but not have VR

appreciate your suggestions.  I need to find a way to have Oculus Client launch the program with Admin rights.

DevilKkw
Expert Protege

Sorry, my bad.

you have to launch oculus software with admin right. hope this solve the problem.

Hello

I always launch Oculus Client with admin rights but it does not in turn launch my program (P3Dv5) with admin - at least so far I have not been able to do this. I need to cause Oculus Client to launch my program (P3Dv5) with admin rights.

DevilKkw
Expert Protege

So client is with admin, but dash?

Do this step:

Close oculus app,and oculus service.

check the install folder of oculs,you have many subfolder.

Find

oculus-platform-runtime.exe and OculusDash.exe

grand admin privileges to these file.

launch oculus again.

this worked for me.

Hi

I found both files but neither allows me to grant admin privileges. I see the option but I am not sure how to change this in a file which is not an .exe.

Thanks

Hi again

I was able to change the Oculus-platform-runtime .exe to run with admin rights but I have not found the Oculus-dash .exe.

Thanks