cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus DK2 in 2021 help needed.

Achillano
Honored Guest
Hi to everyone..

I happen to have a DK2 which was working perfectly in 2016-2017 and I would use it for some videos, or FlyInside FSX (flight simulator)....
I tried reconnecting it today (latest Win10) and it is not recognized (HDMI + USB3 missing, I know it is expected and should work even with these errors). Installing older runtime 0.8 (the one I used to use) produces a BSOD (blue screen) when connecting the headset (BSOD is "IRQL not less or equal").

Also I can't seem to find any older runtime other than the 0.8 beta which is too old. Ideally I'd like to find Runtime 1.10 .
Finally please advise if I should also have an SDK installed (I tried several but no changes)

Thanks a lot... I really don't wanna buy a modern Rift because I will hardly use it..

Would you know how to test if it is actually working in latest runtime? what content or video player just works out of the box with a DK2?
1 REPLY 1

sport.notifier
Explorer

Hello, I have been using an DK2 since last year when I bought it for nothing.

I am using it for sim racing, and I am pretty happy with it.

If you direct me where to look I can tell what runtime I am using and what software.

It has been working very nice in the last months, but since last weeks I am getting random black screens during gaming, there was an Oculus Update at the begginning of the week so it may be that ...

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?