cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus GO : A warming : Headset is overheat

hansmecy
Protege
I bought Go on April .2020 , Every time After I play it about 25 mins, the headset will appear a warming, say my Go is overheat , and suggest me to shut down for a while.
I want to know " Is the warming is normal foe Go? " It's always confusing to me when I watch a movie. Is there any way to resolve it ? 
4 REPLIES 4

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Do you have any sort of vinyl wrap or decal on the front of the headset? That aluminum front plate is part of the passive cooling of the Go, and if it’s covered, it won’t emit heat effectively. I’ve seen people have overheating problems because they never peeled off the protective film that is part of the original packaging. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I've found that my Go only overheats if I use an external battery pack (or connected to the wall charger) and start off with the Go's internal battery at less than ~60-70% charged.  In this case it seems to me that the external battery pack (or charger) is trying to charge the internal battery at the same time and this seems to cause some stress (heat). 

If I start off at with the Go internal battery fully charged this never happens.  The Go will get pretty warm, but not hot, and I've never got a warning.

The other thing that can cause the Go to overheat it to let it's internal battery level fall below ~30%.  Once Li-ion batteries get below ~30% they start to generate more heat.  So, try to avoid letting your Go battery fall lower than ~30%.

Anyway, hope this helps.  If you continue to get this overheating warning I suggest you start a ticket with Oculus Support.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

hansmecy
Protege
Thanks a lot.

marshamay.2022
Honored Guest

I have used removable vinyl with dotted mesh type design, it never heat till date