cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go - Avatar Won’t Setup

CanOfRedBull
Honored Guest

Hi All, 

A new Oculus Go user here.  I can’t get my Avatar setup within the headset. 

It takes me to a set of avatar images and it gives you an option to select ‘randomise’ and the app crashes.  I have rebooted the headset but the same thing happens.  Seems a few games won’t work until you setup your avatar.

Any help would be great.  Thank you  

10 REPLIES 10

Marukhet
Explorer

I'm a new Go user as well, i'd love the answer to this as i bought a few games that require the avatar....

Hey there. This does not sound right and we want to help fix this software issue to get you back in the VR. Since you've already tried to solve this by rebooting, our next recommended step would be to attempt a factory reset of the headset. 

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your Oculus Go.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.
  5. Login to the Oculus app with the account you'd like to connect to your Oculus Go headset and set your device up from scratch.

Notes:

• Performing a factory reset on your Oculus Go is irreversible and will remove all account information, downloaded games, and content from the device.

• Performing a factory reset will not remove content you've purchased or downloaded from your Library and can be re-downloaded to your device as long as you have access to your account.

If this step did not solve this avatar creation issue, please submit a ticket with us and we will get back to you as quickly as possible to figure this out. We look forward to hearing from you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Same problem here. Factory reset two Oculus Gos and same issue with both on two different accounts. Couldn’t get much working.

i performed 4 reboots and a factory reset, the problem persists..unable to create avatar. I  also submitted a ticket and spoke with Aubrey, who was polite but didn't seem to know what was wrong. I don't even care what my avatar looks like, i just need to even create a default one to play many of the games i just bought.

BLANX.de
Protege

The legacy Avatar setup is completely broken. Also happens on Quest.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Quest-2-and-Quest/Avatar-Setup-Broken/m-p/883223

And the only answer from support is to wait for Avatar 2.0 becoming available

xjoshpointoh
Explorer

@MetaQuestSupportPlease provide the next troubleshooting step. Your product isn't working.

I wonder if quest and go will be able to run 2.0, also wonder if 2.0 will make it into a Go update before they stop patching it... 😕

Marukhet
Explorer

Okay, i found a workaround for my problem. I installed sidequest onto my headset and started a game through that and it loads without the need to setup an avatar. 🙂

zoek22
Honored Guest

Any updates on this issue? I am experiencing the same