cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go - Stuck on 3 Dots after migrating account to Meta

Cryo2000
Honored Guest

Hi Guys,

I have been receiving warnings to complete an upgrade of my Oculus account to Meta prior to the 01st-Jan-2023 or lose access to purchased apps on my Oculus Go.

Today I followed the instructions set out on the oculus go screen and migrated my oculus account via meta.com/websetup. Several minutes later; the headset displayed 3 rotating dots and since that time I have been unable to use it beyond that point. Could someone please advise what is happening and how to resolve?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there! We understand that you're having trouble with your device. The Oculus Go was an important stepping stone in the lifecycle of not only Oculus but VR as a whole. It brought to life a new world for millions of people, and introduced them to what VR was, and could be. We would like to thank you for being an early adopter of this new reality, and for taking this journey with us for so long. Unfortunately, all things must come to an end, and our focus has since shifted to ensure that we can keep focusing on pushing what is possible in VR. As of June 2020 the device has been discontinued. As of Dec 2020 we no longer offer support for the Oculus Go at this time. With that being said, we can suggest that you try to do a factory reset from your phone using these steps. We truly hope this helps and again, thank you for being a part of the community! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, Cryo2000 We saw that you were having trouble switching your account to a Meta account and that you were stopped on the 3 dot loading page. We get how this may be inconveniencing you, so allow us to step in and get you started again.

1. Have you attempted a factory reset? Occasionally, a new reboot is sufficient.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

• Turn off your headset.
  • Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Just a friendly reminder to backup all of your games and data to the cloud before performing a factory reset. Here is the link as well on the Factory reset.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, Cryo2000 Your input is very important to us, so please don't hesitate to contact us if you still need assistance with getting stuck on the three-dot screen.

jacksoprano
Honored Guest

No need for factory reset if you you have a smartphone connected to the same network as your oculus go. Go to the Oculus app. Login with the same Facebook/meta account . Then in top right corner click cast icon (looks similar to chromecast icon) . Select oculus go and click start. In left menu choose Apps. Select the app and click open. Wait for dots to disappear. The app should load in oculus screen. Restart the device. Done!

And how, pray tell, would I be able to back up all my games and content WHEN I CAN'T ACCESS MY DEVICE?! 

I don't want to lose everything during a factory reset because Meta don't know what they doing.

You need a better answer than this. You've bricked my device! Sort it out. 

I'm stuck at the 3 dots also.  How do I back up all my games from my Go?  Will I lose all my paid games when I factory Reset?

Hi @Schnoidz , just wanted to help address your concerns about factory resetting as this can be a very intimidating process. All of the games you have bought or downloaded will be account bound, and not device bound. So if you reset the Oculus Go, you games will still be there. The only caveat is that without accessing the headset settings, you won't be able to back up game save files. 

You can check to see when the last time your games were back up by visiting here.

We hope all of this information was helpful! Let us know if anything changes after resetting your headset.

Hey again, we're just stopping on by to see if you are still needing any help with your Go headset. If so, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you!

Thank you it's working again.  I rebooted the Go and my phone several times and finally got them to connect.  After that the Go booted past the 3 dots and seems to be working well again.  I appreciate the fast reply.

No problem @Schnoidz, we're glad you were able to resolve this pesky problem! 

We hope all is well now with the Go headset, and thank you for updating us on everything! We really appreciate this. If you ever have anymore concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know, thank you!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?