cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go can't pair with phone- 3 dots of death after Factory Reset.

Tobia73
Explorer

My Oculus Go worked for years - until last time I had the "3 dots of death" .... then I did a factory reset - and can't get the GO startup properly anymore. It stuck at the step "connect with mobile phone APP".

I tried everything:

• factory reset of the go
  • restart phone / reinstall app
  • diable/enable bluetooth
  • tried 3 different android phones and one android tablet
  • tried with new oculus account
  • of course GO and  phone are fully charged

My bluetooth adapter can see the Oculus go - but can't pair.

In the first step the Oculus APP detects my Oculus Go with the correct serial number - so there must have been some successful communication already. But in the second step the APP always says "cannot connect"

I tried everything .... please help 

1. is there any trick (volume buttons?) to bypass the pairing step?
  2. is there any firmware version which I can try to sideload?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

sin_of_nature
Explorer

I and many others have had same issue, version 215.x.x is garbage and does not connect to oculus go.

You have to install an older version of the app (from 3rd party unfortunately). See solution here:

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/can-t-use-Oculus-Go-after-Meta-Account-change/td-p/99...

Some clever bloke worked it out here

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/Oculus-Go-not-pairing/m-p/1050340

I spent ridiculous amount of time on this, not happy.

View solution in original post

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone! We want to let you know the team is aware of the issue that is affecting our Oculus Go community. We also would like to remind everyone that months ago, we announced that we will no longer be selling Oculus Go devices and that we'd continue to maintain the system with bug fixes and security patches through 2022. In addition, we are into the year of 2023 which means we cannot guarantee any future bug or software fixes for the Oculus Go. 

With that being said if we get any updates regarding this issue we'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as possible! We hope this post finds you well and you can refer to this article here regarding what we mentioned. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Tobia73! We hate to hear that your having issues pairing your device to your phone, we know how that can hinder your gameplay. No worries, let's see what we can do! We want to thank you for trying all those troubleshooting steps on your own. So we can assist further, could you please PM us directly. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

sin_of_nature
Explorer

I and many others have had same issue, version 215.x.x is garbage and does not connect to oculus go.

You have to install an older version of the app (from 3rd party unfortunately). See solution here:

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/can-t-use-Oculus-Go-after-Meta-Account-change/td-p/99...

Some clever bloke worked it out here

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/Oculus-Go-not-pairing/m-p/1050340

I spent ridiculous amount of time on this, not happy.

Awesome 👍🏼 it worked with the older 213 version ... you saved my day

I would love some help, I just had to update my Oculus Go to the Horizon Profile; I finally got the accounts to link up and now my device is stuck on three dots. Your update clearly bricked my device. Can you help? This is really disappointing.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone! We want to let you know the team is aware of the issue that is affecting our Oculus Go community. We also would like to remind everyone that months ago, we announced that we will no longer be selling Oculus Go devices and that we'd continue to maintain the system with bug fixes and security patches through 2022. In addition, we are into the year of 2023 which means we cannot guarantee any future bug or software fixes for the Oculus Go. 

With that being said if we get any updates regarding this issue we'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as possible! We hope this post finds you well and you can refer to this article here regarding what we mentioned.