cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go not pairing with phone anymore

guitargirl78
Honored Guest

I bought my Oculus Go back in 2018 and been using it for sometime now. Suddenly today when I turned it on, it was stuck with showing the 3 dots. I did a factory reset on the headset. Uninstalled and reinstalled the oculus app on my phone, I restarted both headset and phone multiple times. After I log into the oculus app on the phone and tried to add a new device, it detects the oculus go serial number but it is no longer able to pair with the oculus headset on Bluetooth. I have tried multiple times now to restart and reconnect over Bluetooth. Wifi is also enabler on my phone.  Both phone and headset are fully charged. Now I do not know what to do anymore to get the headset working.

19 REPLIES 19

Maybe tap on the variant lower down 

Hey there, @davedenny1975! We hate to hear that you are having problems with your Oculus Go not being able to pair with your phone. We know how important it is to have your devices in working order, and we want to be sure that you are kept informed with the latest information about your headset!

With this end of life for the Oculus Go, we're still committed to maintaining the system software with bug fixes and security patches through 2022. Our engineering team is aware of this issue and is currently looking into it. In the meantime, we recommend keeping an eye out for any new updates here on our forums, our blogs, and our social media pages.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Tx Tobia73 - Worked for me. 😁

CaptainGramica
Honored Guest

Yeah, mine was working fine until Oculus made me sign into a meta quest account, which forced me to factory reset my device(Isn't Facebook just awesome) and now it's impossible to pair. I hope Facebook runs into the ground. The device worked fine before they tried to push their new brand identity on it.

CrazyGuy247
Explorer

My Go does the three dot thing every few months. Removing the headset from the phone app, clearing the app memory, and then repair the headset to the phone always worked for me. Factory reset on the headset didn't though, I don't do that.

Hey there @CaptainGramica! We see you are needing assistance with connecting your headset again. We know that being unable to pair your Go headset can affect your VR experience, and we understand how important this headset is for you and just wanted to inform you that the Go is at their End of LIfe for support. However, our engineering team is aware of this issue and had rolled out a software update for the mobile app. Can you please attempt the following steps?

1. Uninstall the mobile app.
  2. Clear your Bluetooth cache.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Reboot your headset.
  5. Reinstall the mobile app.
  6. Repair the headset (steps provided here).

We hope this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Tried all that and it still didn't pair.  The iPhone app version after uninstalling and reinstalling it again is the same as it was a week ago version 216.0

Bit of a waste of time.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Update;

I got a new Oculus iPhone app update today; ver 217.0

I managed to connect the headset and chose to finish the setup (I had done a factory reset beforehand, which I now wish I had not done).  It was all a bit of a fiddle using the phone app to pair and select the wifi network and go though the safety vids, but it did finally work ok.

I managed to download and test about 9 apps and they all seem to work ok (or ok given it's a Go, lol!).  The only feature I've lost is the Virtual Environments options.  Nothing shows up, even after a few restarts, and I just get a greyish void.  No real big deal.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

There is a new update?!?! Wow thank you for letting us know! I am having issues as well. But will need to check it out then! 

We are all mad here.

Qupe
Honored Guest

Мне помог сброс настроек роутера