Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home 1.5 cannot create directory error

Rajveer
Explorer
After the Home 1.5 update, I'm unable to update any apps. I get the message:

"Failed to create directory: Access is denied (1971052)"

Oculus Home is installed to my D drive and everything was working fine before 1.5 (updating and everything). I tried running it as Administrator but got the same error. Any advice?
6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
May be a security/anti-virus issue.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Rajveer
Explorer
I'm not running any anti-virus, just the default Windows 10 Defender, and disabling that doesn't solve the issue unfortunately.

Goobers
Adventurer
Maybe this? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/250494

Rajveer
Explorer
Thanks, however that error message is for encrypted files, whereas Home is having an issue when creating new directories.

Absolutely nothing has changed on the drive between versions 1.4 and 1.5, have there been any changes to the way Home accesses the file system?

Rajveer
Explorer
Still no luck with this issue. I've submitted a support ticket but am wondering if anybody else has any ideas?

It's a drive permissions thing. Go to explorer -> drive properties -> Security -> edit -> full control

edit: sorry, the default installation drive is c:, so change the permissions for those x.x And, if you did a bad uninstall (i.e. manual uninstall) be sure to clear up your registry or you could get error messages during the new install. CCleaner is amazing for clearing broken registry entries.