cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link 120hz Resolution Bug

beaudontknow
Explorer

I've been having some problems with oculus link for a while, and would like to have it fixed/figure out how to fix it. My problem is that whenever I set my refresh rate in my headset to 120hz, and have my link set at 120hz so I can actually use it, it always goes to a resolution so low that I can't even read text. I tried turning off 120hz in my headset and that fixed it, but it went back to 90hz which I do not want. Does anybody have any fixes or has anyone else even had this issue before?

PC Specs: ASUS Dual RX 6700 XT, Intel core i5 7600k, 16GB DDR4 RAM

I don't know if it matters but I do have a 1080p 165hz monitor although I don't think that affects anything.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @beaudontknow, thank you for letting us know about the issues you've been having with PCVR. We hope that we can get some information over to you to possibly help. If you are using a beefy monitor that is above 75hrz and above 580p you should probably limit your monitor settings down depending on your pc specs. A safe bet would be to set your monitor to 60hrz / 180p while using PCVR. You can also go into you programs to toggle

over console Fix : enter this program path > C:\program Files\ Oculus\ support\ oculus-diagnostics ... then under service tag click toggle console window visibility to enable oculusdebugtool.exe. If you have trouble entering that path let us know. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

Thanks for reaching back out with that update. We'll be more than happy to look into your issue with your games crashing. We'll like for you to try manually uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop app. Please follow the steps below. 

1. Disconnect the Quest/Link cable from the computer
  2. Disconnect your computer from the internet
  3. Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel
  4. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  5. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  6. Restart your computer in normal mode
  7. Reconnect your computer to the internet
  8. Install Oculus Home again using the setup tool from our website here
  9. Reconnect the Quest/Link cable and re-test the headset

We look forward to your update and figuring all of this out. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @beaudontknow, thank you for letting us know about the issues you've been having with PCVR. We hope that we can get some information over to you to possibly help. If you are using a beefy monitor that is above 75hrz and above 580p you should probably limit your monitor settings down depending on your pc specs. A safe bet would be to set your monitor to 60hrz / 180p while using PCVR. You can also go into you programs to toggle

over console Fix : enter this program path > C:\program Files\ Oculus\ support\ oculus-diagnostics ... then under service tag click toggle console window visibility to enable oculusdebugtool.exe. If you have trouble entering that path let us know. 

beaudontknow
Explorer

Thanks! That seemed to help with the bug that lowers the resolution, however, there is another bug that is actually worse. For seemingly no reason, oculus link will crash. I will just be playing a game, and it will do the type of crash where it shows one screen in front of you and one in the back, with emptiness on the sides. I have no clue what could possibly be causing the crashes, and it's a problem with link, not the game since the whole software freezes and makes me relaunch it. This was happening before the resolution glitch, but, I thought maybe whatever you suggested would help with the crashing as well. It did not. Hope you can find a way to fix these crashes since it can get pretty annoying. 

For the resolution bug, I only had to lower my refresh rate to 120hz and cap my in game fps to 120, and that made the resolution perfectly fine.

Thanks for reaching back out with that update. We'll be more than happy to look into your issue with your games crashing. We'll like for you to try manually uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop app. Please follow the steps below. 

1. Disconnect the Quest/Link cable from the computer
  2. Disconnect your computer from the internet
  3. Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel
  4. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  5. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  6. Restart your computer in normal mode
  7. Reconnect your computer to the internet
  8. Install Oculus Home again using the setup tool from our website here
  9. Reconnect the Quest/Link cable and re-test the headset

We look forward to your update and figuring all of this out. 

Hey there, @beaudontknow! We just wanted to follow-up with you to see if you were still needing assistance with the issues you were experiencing with your games crashing. Feel free to reach back out to us if you happen to have any further questions or concerns as we are always happy to help! 

Thanks, that seemed to help my game to not crash. I haven't had any other problems that I can think of off the top of my head, but if I ever experience another problem I will be sure to let you know!

Awesome, we're happy to hear it! Please let us know if that does happen and you need any help.

Have a great weekend!