cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Incompatible GPU

P3arTV
Explorer
Hello! I'm wondering if there's a way to trick the Oculus App into thinking you have a different GPU than the one i already have.

A few things before you respond:
1) I don't care how slow it will run. I just want it to run. It can give me 30 or 25 FPS for all I care.

2) I don't care how hard it is to do, i'll do it.

Please read point 1) before responding. I've seen the "But it will run in X frames and you won't like it" or "Your computer is too slow just don't bother"
Well i don't care. I just want to try it.

EDIT: For all the people wondering, no, i don't have a Potato pc. I am well aware what is needed to run VR. I wouldn't try it on a 650M (I did, but shut up me)

EDIT 2: I have contacted Oculus Support, and basically they just said "You don't have a supported GPU. Can't help ya. Bye"

EDIT 3: Please don't respond if you were thinking to say: "jUsT Get a rifT" or "jUSt GEt a BeTtEr GpU"
Not all people are made of money. Especially those from a country with a low GPU. I can afford to get a Quest, but i can't a Quest AND new GPU / Computer
14 REPLIES 14

Heaney-555
Heroic Explorer
The incompatibility isn't arbitrary. It's usually because the video encoder isn't capable.

P3arTV
Explorer

The incompatibility isn't arbitrary. It's usually because the video encoder isn't capable.

I don't think the difference between Nvidia GPU's is that big. I have a 1050. No, not the mobile

HaselHoof
Adventurer

P3arTV said:

I don't think the difference between Nvidia GPU's is that big. I have a 1050. No, not the mobile

It is if its a laptop

enigma01
Trustee

P3arTV said:

Eh? So the difference between a GTX 1050 and an RTX 3090 isn’t that big? It’s something like 700% faster.

P3arTV
Explorer

enigma01 said:

P3arTV said:

Eh? So the difference between a GTX 1050 and an RTX 3090 isn’t that big? It’s something like 700% faster.

You know what I meant. Between similar cards. The 1060 works, but the 1050 doesn't. 

P3arTV
Explorer

HaselHoof said:

P3arTV said:

It is if its a laptop

Don't have a Laptop

PITTCANNA
Visionary
i got the quest link to work on the 1060 3gb gpu,  keep in mind the list they post for gpus not supported just is that the gpu is unsupported. 

Honestly the best way to look at it is to look at the specific titles you want to play, some don't have a lot of high res shaders, and textures.

HaselHoof
Adventurer

P3arTV said:

HaselHoof said:

P3arTV said:

It is if its a laptop

Don't have a Laptop

Ok is it an Original Link Cable from Oculus ? and are your graphics drivers upto date  , you need to tells us what pc you have , gpu , ram etc , also type the error into google and see what happens .
Also good luck .

P3arTV
Explorer

i got the quest link to work on the 1060 3gb gpu,  keep in mind the list they post for gpus not supported just is that the gpu is unsupported. 

Honestly the best way to look at it is to look at the specific titles you want to play, some don't have a lot of high res shaders, and textures.

For me it litteraly doesn't work. It doesn't even let me turn on the Link. I press the button for the link and then the app shoves a message in my face that says something like "Unsupported GPU or something"
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?