cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Microphone not working

QuinnBrom
Honored Guest
Anyone else have the issue where the mic doesn't work through oculus link? It shows up in windows but stays at a constant level. I've reinstalled all oculus software, made sure all the microphone settings were on, and setup right and tested my quests mic standalone and it works fine. Also, it was working fine for about 6 months and just randomly stopped working one day, I'm hoping it's just a recent update that bugged it. and will be fixed soon. I do hope that someone might have a solution though. Thanks
5weph60ctpiy.png
28 REPLIES 28

Dantragg
Explorer
I'm in the same boat. Actually had mic working fine with link and all games and apps until I tried to get Mic to work with virtual desktop. As soon as I checked the Mic passthrough box and enabled permissions, it never worked in virtual desktop. So I went right back to link and am now stuck with Mic at 50% and have to fiddle with settings above to get Mic to work at all everytime I turn on computer and headset. Works fine as stand alone, and headphones work fine through link. Something with the permission for virtual desktop mic passthrough screws with sound settings on windows side or something through oculus software, but with everything else working through link and the headset without link, has to be a software or permissions issue. I dont want to send headset back, or factory reset or reinstall windows, but fiddling with this everytime I play MP on link is a pain.

livewire713
Honored Guest
My mic isn't working on both my Quest and Quest2. I can't get voiceattack to work at all. I got it working a few days ago and no idea what I did to get it working but I can't get it to work now. I'm hoping Oculus fixes this soon.

Dantragg
Explorer
So to add to it, every time I get on link I need to fix sound for headphones and mic, do zandi trick of using something that uses Mic, usually i go into windows and enable talk to he heard in headset, then reset link and sound and mic work till link disconnects or computer restarts. However now I dont have any sound playing out of my computer when streaming link for others to watch ( yes both options are selected under oculus options). Seems this permissions problem uas officially screwed with all my sound drivers, because 2 days ago, on v25, I had sound and Mic on quest 2 home and games, link home and games, and streaming sound on computer. Permissions problem has basically broke all sound and Mic but quest 2 home and games.

Dantragg
Explorer
I'm actually getting pretty pissed at this. Had everything working 2 days ago, but now that its not its not like I have an oculus repair store I can just drop into and fix. And if everyone has been having these issues for a while makes me think I'm not gonna get shit solved. If I have to reinstall Windows to fix this shit I'm going to lose it

livewire713
Honored Guest
Dantragg Im having the same problem with both my Quest and Quest 2 so I wouldn't reload windows. I've tried everything to get the mic working and now I get sound for about 5 seconds and then silence. I ended up setting my Rift back up and using that for now. I'm not having any sound or mic problems with my Rift but I'd rather be using my Quests. I hope Oculus fixes this someday.

Dantragg
Explorer
I can get my Mic and headset working through runaround, but now its headset and Mic, not just Mic through link each time comp and hmd start up. Asgards wrath crashs all the time after v25, no settings changed and was very playable at not highest settings pre 25. Just so frustrating... Was literally having a blast 2 days ago doing everything i cant now... And its my only headset so cant go to a working rift or vice or anything... Grrr

Dantragg
Explorer
So curious, any of you with sound or Mic issues doing zandil's trick or similar to get it working each time, do you have sound on your games streaming to your comp when playing link games? I have all the right options checked, and prior to this sound issue was able to hear and talk in headset while person watching could see and hear on computer. Now with sound issue, zandil's trick gets headset and Mic working but now cant seem to get sound on games streaming to computer through link. Wondering if any of you have found a fix for that too

goodBEan
Honored Guest

I got the same issue, I have tried reinstalling all software, factory reset the quest, tried changing audio devices, deleting drivers, installed the link software on my laptop, reinstalled drivers.  The weird thing is that the audio device is still active  with the same problem even when the quest is disconnected. I am thinking its a software issue.

I just installed the newest beta drivers and my Mic is working again. From your Oculus app on your pc go to settings, beta tab, and turn on the Public Test Channel.