cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Screen Tearing and Flickering after v26 Update

AndExhale
Honored Guest

My Quest 2 was working fine before the v26 update but after I updated my Q2, screen flickering and tearing began to happen very frequently. Am I the only one experiencing this or is this a more widespread problem? Is there anyway to fix this? 

I tried to:

• Change OVR tasks to real-time priority.
  • Turn the USB-C Cable direction.
  • Unplug the cable and plug it back in.
  • Restart OVR Services.
  • Restart the Quest 2. 
  • Update NVIDIA Drivers.
  • Turned off ASW.
45 REPLIES 45

fleischer444
Explorer

I have the same issue!

rocknrolz
Protege

I have the same issue. It is very easy to tell just by listening to the choppy, stuttering audio. You don't even have to be in a game, it is very apparent even in the link home environment. 

Quest 1 is unplayable via link all of the sudden. Quest 2 is playable, but the issue is still there. I've been using link for a year and have loved it so much. I've had no hardware changes.

ccaughey565
Honored Guest

Same here, it's near unplayable now. thought I was the only one. This is an issue that needs to be fixed on the oculus end I believe. I'm an NVIDIA user too and it's definitely not performance related. Right now though the quest 2 may as well be a paperweight 

AndExhale
Honored Guest

Anyone have a solution yet?

No I contacted support and their official stance is ‘wait for an update that will hopefully fix it’ which is just unacceptable. The inability to roll back updates has made the quest2 useless to me now until they ‘hopefully’ can fix it in an update ☹️

bublikan
Honored Guest

Got the same issue here also... I have an RX 5700 XT

madog2020
Explorer

Same here 

1080 gtx with 9800x 

Are any of you using the official expensive cable ??

I am using the official cable. I can also verify that pre v.25 it was working fine for me, I’ve changed nothing in my setup and changed nothing in my settings/in game settings. Fallout VR and Pistol Whip ran perfectly fine before v.25 and have been annoyingly stuttery ever since. Running pistol whip should be NOTHING for my computer, so it’s hard for me to even commit to troubleshooting the issue instead of waiting for another patch to fix it. 

If rolling back to v23 was an option, I’d love to do that and just leave it there so I can continue playing fallout. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm this also using X-Plane 11 in VR. Before v25 i had ~45 FPS and now arround 20 with max stutters, Black Screen flashes and tracking issuses. Nothing has changed in settings or at my Rig.

Rig: AMD 5600X - RTX2070Super - 32GB RAM. Using the official Oculus Link cable