cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link crashes when launching an application that does not use the Oculus touch.

Vulcanp
Explorer

Hi there.
I'm posting this using translation software, so it may be difficult to understand some parts.

I'm using OculusQuest2.

If I start a PC application (keyboard control, game controller, eye control only, etc.) that does not require an Oculus Touch controller with Oculus link, and then close the application or press the Oculus button or the menu button, the game crashes and I get the warning "Oculus is not functioning properly. If you close the app or press the Oculus button or the menu button, the game will crash and you will get a "Oculus is not functioning properly" warning.
After that, even if I reconnect the USB, the Oculus link screen appears for a moment in OculusQuest2, but after the "Oculus is not functioning properly" warning appears, the screen goes dark.
To fix this, I have to uninstall and reinstall the Oculus app to start Oculus link.
(Also, in this case, it did not start with the repair install.
If I play a game that does not require the Oculus Touch controller again, I get the same situation.

I bought the OculusQuest2 a week ago, and I've been doing the above steps since I bought it, and this situation always happens.

I use Anker's USB-C & USB-A 3.0 cable for PC connection.

I would like to resolve this situation so that I can play games that don't require the Oculus Touch controller. If anyone knows how to resolve this, please let me know.

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Vulcanp! Thanks for troubleshooting your issues up to this point. We're here to help get Oculus Link running smoothly again. Here's something you can try:

• Confirm your USB power settings
    • Open Device Manager.
    • Locate your USB ports - Expand the universal serial bus controller section at the bottom of the list. Look for the "USB 3.0/3.1/3.10 eXtensible" items.
    • Right click and select Properties.
    • Navigate to Power Management.
    • Ensure that the options to save power are deselected.
      • Not all of these listings will have these Power Management options, so you can skip and move onto the next item in the list until completed.

We also recommend updating your Oculus and GPU drivers, and ensuring your PC is fully compatible with Oculus Link; you can find the system requirements HERE. 

If you need additional help, please send us a private message or click HERE to submit a support ticket, and we'll work this out together. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! Just checking back in and wanted to see if your issue was resolved.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi! Thank you.
I tried your answer, but it didn't improve the situation.
I am currently receiving correspondence via email, but cannot resolve the issue.

kuryu92
Explorer

Maybe, I have the same situation.

In my case, Oculus Link recovered by removing the game in library > apps list on PC,

スクリーンショット 2022-04-01 092544.png

However, this is a temporary recover and the problem occurs again after I play the game.

I open a new issue(https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Support/Oculus-Link-crashes-after-playing-PC-exe-build-game/td-p/9552...)

Please check this issue, too.

Hello.
We were able to resolve this issue.

The cause was that the application would crash when launched from certain external hard drives.
I mentioned that the problem occurs with applications that do not require the Oculus touch controller, but upon further investigation, I found that the problem also occurs with applications that are controlled by the Oculus touch controller.

Now, if I move the application from another drive and launch it from that drive, the problem does not occur.

However, that external hard drive is not particularly problematic and is still in use.
We still do not know why it crashes when it is from the external hard drive.