cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link

carsino13
Honored Guest

Hi I have been a long time VR user with PCVR and recently I have just got a link cable after using air link for a while now but every time I plug my link cable into my headset and load into steam VR my loading times are more then tripled and if I do load in it’s unplayable with extreme lag or I get kicked out what can I do to fix this as when I use air link I have none of these problems 

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @carsino13, and thanks for reaching out to the community with your issue! We know sluggish connections when using PCVR is not an enjoyable time for anyone, so be assured we'll be working with you diligently towards a resolution! You mentioned that you are using Steam VR and having performance issues there with the cable, but not with AirLink. Are you seeing the same behavior any apps from the Meta store? Is the cable you are using the Meta Link Cable, or is it from a different manufacturer? You might be experiencing some issues with your USB 3.0 ports not being at optimal output, and you can check that in Windows by following this Microsoft article:

How to determine whether a USB 3.0 device is operating at SuperSpeed

When you get a chance to answer, please let us know about our questions and if you were able to resolve your issue by adjusting the port speed or not. Hoping to hear back from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?