cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus/Meta & Menu button stop working in PCVR on my quest 2

Bork6996
Explorer

Basically, when I'm in standalone mode, they work fine(or at least the oculus button, I have never used the menu button on the left controller). But in PCVR, they stopped working yesterday. 3 Days ago they both worked, 2 days ago the Oculus/Meta button stopped working and yesterday the Menu button, the last way for me to exit the game normally, also stopped working. The only response I can get is by spamming the Oculus/Meta button 5 times which sends me into passthrough and tells me to make a crash report, but when I close it, it just puts me back into the game, and the game hadn't closed.

TLDR: Oculus/Meta & Menu button stopped working, Oculus/Meta button stopped working first, then the Menu button also stopped working. Only way to exit games is going on my computer and physically pressing Alt+F4.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Don't worry, I got it fixed by restarting my headset. I usually don't restart my headset, but now I know to restart it whenever bugs like this occur. I mean, tech needs to sleep sometimes too lol

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, @Bork6996! We are aware of the frustration this can bring. We want every user to be able to utilize their controllers without any problems, and we can't wait for you to get back to using the controller buttons as normal. You mentioned that the buttons function properly during standalone but not during PCVR. Would you please take the time to answer the following questions in order to better understand the situation and determine the best course of action?

• Have there been any recent changes to your PC? 
  • What troubleshooting steps have you already tried?

We can't wait to hear from you soon! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! We wanted to check up on you to see if you still require assistance. We are always here to help, so feel free to reach out to us to continue to help you further!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Don't worry, I got it fixed by restarting my headset. I usually don't restart my headset, but now I know to restart it whenever bugs like this occur. I mean, tech needs to sleep sometimes too lol

That's great news! Sometimes the simplest steps are the ones most often overlooked! We have to agree with you- sometimes even Quest devices need some "shut-eye". As always, please don't hesitate to reach back out if you ever have any other issues we can help you with!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?