Larania
Honored Guest

I recently bought an Alienware M15 R5 Ryzen Edition

. 15.6 FHD 360hz

.AM Ryzen 9 5900hx

.16gb RAM

1 TB SSD

GeFore RTX 3070 8gb

Windows 11 (also downgraded to windows 10)

First of all i also have an alienware R4 and quest 2 works fine with both oculus link and air link

Whenever i connect to the alienware m15 with either cable or air it shows a black solid color fill or just a black image on top of the floating HUD but i can see the controls just below me where i can go to the settings or disconnect or go to home, i can even see the Steam VR Home just that there is this black image that hinders me to see my computer desktop.

I've tried resetting both laptop and quest 2.

Updated to latest driver and even downgraded to a stable driver for both.

Only solution that worked for me is either i deactivate the second gpu which is gtx 3070 so quest 2 will solely rely on the dedicated which is AMD or manually change app preference into using the dedicated gpu without the need to deactive gtx 3070.

Please help i've been at this for days..

----------------------------------------------

3 REPLIES 3

Didolou
Protege

Hello Lariana

I goy my Oculs Quest 2 yesterday, and 1st thing I did was to link it with virtual dektop app.

I also got the solid black rectangle.

It seems we get this black image if we are too close to our computer screen; Move backward, black window will disappear.

I discover the product, will post if I find more info !

Larania
Honored Guest

Hey Didolou thanks for replying.

I believe the issue is with the rendering the dedicated gpu and the additional gpu are conflicting with one another. i hope someone has found a word around with this problem.

I'm in the same issue. My laptop is an Acer nitro 5 with RTX3080 , Windows 11, and i can´t run any game or app with my quest 2.  I contacted with support and did a lot of things but nothing seems work