cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Controller

M1Sf1it
Honored Guest

Hey! So, I had recently been having issues with my right controller when it comes to my oculus, I had gotten my headset used by a friend and so they factory reset it. When in the set up, my right controller won't connect, i found out it was broken so I purchased a new controller and it won't connect either! I need the right controller to finish the setup process but can't connect it even though I need it to get to the hub in the first place.

I really need help with this.

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @M1Sf1it. Being able to connect with your right controller is important, and we're happy you brought these concerns to our attention! We definitely want to make sure you're able to get started within VR, so we'd like to recommend removing the controller battery prior to starting the set-up process. Once the battery is removed, let's go ahead and reboot the headset by holding the power button for 30 seconds, then once more go through the devices set up. Of course, if the controller continues to not pair once placing the batteries back into the controller, do let us know! We want to make sure you're all set! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

M1Sf1it
Honored Guest

I've done this and nothing has changed, I'm sorry- This is truly wearing me down, I've been wanting to play vr and tried this multiple times, no luck. Do let me know what else I can do, thank you!

Hello @M1Sf1it! Thank you so much for your response. We understand you're still having trouble connecting the right controller. We know that the world of VR isn't the same when you can't fully interact with it, so we're here to help! It may seem a bit redundant but we'd like to ask you to try a few more troubleshooting steps provided below.

• Remove the batteries for 15 minutes or more to reset the firmware.
  • Make sure there are no reflective surfaces around, and check to see if the room is well lit for the headset to pick up the surroundings.
  • Unpair and repair the controllers.
  • Hard reboot the headset to get rid of any kinks it may have:
    1. Hold down the power button until you see the shutdown button.
    2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
    3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Boot Device and press the power button.
    4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

We would also like to ask a few more questions just incase the steps provided above do not work so we can look into this further. 

• We know you mentioned purchasing a new controller, 
  • Does it appear that there is any damage to the controller? 
  • Could any liquids have been in contact with either of the controllers? 

Last thing we want to recommend is to make sure you're using fresh batteries with the controller as this can be sometimes caused by batteries reaching their end of life. Please let us know if any of these troubleshooting steps help. We look forward to your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have recently tried all of these to no avail. Sadly, I don't know what to do next. My new controller has been checked for any issues and nothing seems to be the issues, no matter what i've tried my right controller won't pair.

@M1Sf1it Thank you for getting back with us! We do want to make sure we get to the bottom of this for you. Having both controllers operational is imperative for your VR experience. Now that we have tried a few different troubleshooting steps, none of which have helped with connecting your right controller, we'd like to see what other options are available for you! We ask that you send us a private message by clicking the link here and include the following information: 

• Device serial number
  • Account email address
  • Account alias or username

We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you. 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?