cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Died Will Neither Turn On nor Charge

G0010011
Sightseer
      About a week ago, I purchased the Oculus Quest 2 from Best Buy and have only used it 3-4 times. The device now neither seems to be charging (no lights turn on while connected to the cable but the same cable can seamlessly charge my phone) nor does the device turn on. I have tried holding the power button on for 10 seconds, 30 seconds, a minute, and have done the same while holding down either of the volume buttons and nothing seems to work. I have contacted Oculus support and so far nothing useful has come of it. Perhaps I just got unlucky, and at this point I am ready to go back to Best Buy and exchange the item.
       However, before I do so, I want to make sure this doesn't happen again. My main worry is that this has something to do with my facebook account. I have had a facebook account for over 10 years now and it is perfectly legitimate (I still have access to it) but about 3 years ago I changed my facebook name to an anagram of my real name just so anyone who looked me up would find my linkedIn first before my facebook account. Is this the cause of the equipment failure? I have heard of facebook bricking oculus quest 2 devices with fake profiles but this also causes their facebook account to be disabled. My account however is still working. I have asked the oculus quest support about this but I am getting the run around. They tell me to contact facebook (even though oculus is now a subsidary of facebook and facebook has no real way to be contacted about this issue). Do I need to change my facebook name back to my real name? Will changing my name cause more issues? If this will be a recurring issue, I would rather just return the device until this whole facebook business gets sorted or just use a non-facebook associated VR device. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 
6 REPLIES 6

aguy10
Heroic Explorer
There's no way they would go that far with your device no matter how much they wanted to ban you. Sounds like an obvious defect to me in some form.

G0010011
Sightseer
Thanks for the feedback man. You don't think the anagram facebook name will ever end up being an issue?

aguy10
Heroic Explorer
If your Facebook account is currently functional I can't see how it could be a problem. You can have nicknames.

https://www.facebook.com/help/112146705538576/?ref=share

Tempest_sbpc
Honored Guest

Were you able to find a solution for this problem? Im about 6 months into use and I have the same Problem. It happened after a week of bidaily use

Gr8tGmerATL
Honored Guest

This is crazy that I can’t speak to someone to get a replacement for a device that still is under warranty. I was advised by the insurance company that I purchased the added protection when I purchased this item that the company should replace or fix it since still under warranty. BUT since I’m actively paying insurance for this item in case of things like this I filed a claim with insurance to fix or replace because I can’t get anyone on the phone regarding the item not working. 

Hi there! We understand you're concerned with getting a replacement headset. We would be more than happy to assist you with this issue. We do not have a support phone number, but you can reach our support team using this link https://metaque.st/Support. Please either open a chat or submit a support ticket with the details of your headset issue, and one of our agents will look into your options with you. 😊

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?