cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Elite Strap Broke

BarnacleMan27
Honored Guest

One moment I’m taking my Oculus off my head and the next moment I hear a cracking sound. I look at my Oculus to see that the Elite strap has snapped in half. Can I get a refund for this?

12 REPLIES 12

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

So you didn't loosen the strap before taking it off?  In any case, the oculus elite straps have a 2 year warranty so if you contact meta support and include your order details plus a pic of your broken strap, you should get a free replacement (not sure about refund). 

If this is all too hard to do for you then just try another 3rd party strap.  Buy it from Amazon because it's much easier/faster to get refunds for products that don't work out well for you.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BarnacleMan27. We understand how troublesome this may be and we want to help all that we can so you can get back to using your headset the way you want to. Due to our tools here on the forums, we would like to direct you to Meta Store support where you can have the options of a live chat, email, or schedule a callback. You can click HERE for the live chat/email and HERE for the schedule callback.

Hope this information was useful! (:

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Stalker1809
Honored Guest

That happened to me when I was trying to have a peaceful day but then snap! The ijustment to my vr broke and now I'm mad so can I get one too.

Hey there! Having a broken strap is not what we like to hear. We know how that can hinder your gaming experience. No worries, let's get this resolved for you! So that we can further assist and gather some more personal information, could you please PM us.Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

ccatshow1O9
Honored Guest

yea i let my cousin borrow it then it came back to me one side broken still usable. then yesterday i was playing Vrchat then i noticed it wasn't keeping on my head so i checked it and the other plastic piece was breaking in front of my eyes. then later that day it snapped so now i have to wait to afford it or get a free replacement i got the headset in 2022. i think I'll have to check my logs to make sure I have the warranty. 

Hey there, @ccatshow1O9. Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about your broken Elite Strap. We can defiantly see how this would bring your VR plans to a standstill, especially when your in the middle of a game. For us to get a bit more information can you please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

pretox.2022
Honored Guest

hi, im on my Oculus quest two when suddenly my straps broke, and i mead the cloth part,. i got this on my birthday on dec 2022, i need a replacement please.

Hey there! We're just checking in to see if you're still needing further assistance regarding your issue with your broken elite strap. If so, please let us know. We'd be happy to continue working with you!

Hey @pretox.2022! Thank you for reaching out to our team regarding your headset strap being broken. We know not being able to wear your headset comfortably interrupts your gaming experience, so we'd love to take a further look! For us to gather more details, please send us a PM! To do so, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Also, remember you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?