cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Left Controller Drift

WalterIsMe
Honored Guest

The left analog stick on my Quest 2 controller is drifting, and it has gotten worse over the past few months, and now I can't even move or use the menu properly. How do I get a replacement?

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! We understand you're experiencing some controller drifting issues, which can be a pain and not fun, and it's taking your time away from gaming, which isn't cool. Well have no fear, Meta is here to get you back up and running.

Can we have you try doing these steps below, they should resolve your issue: 

• Remove the batteries for at least 30 seconds before attempting to use them again.
  • On Standalone Headsets: Increase the dead zones of the controller until the drift is no longer an issue/noticeable.
  1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to Controller Settings
  3. Under Joystick Deadzone and Range, select the joystick which is having issue
  4. Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks deadzones
  • When powering on your controllers, ensure that the Analog sticks aren't being held in any direction and are at rest in the neutral position

If you are still having problems after following those steps, please open a support ticket here and one of our experts will gladly assist you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!