cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Random Controller Drift

CP2_Silu
Explorer
Got my Quest a couple weeks ago and the left controller is drifting to the right, even though I have not been rough with it at all. Most likely dirtiness or a bug with the controller or headset. If its the latter, fix it in the next hardware update or at least address that you are working on a fix, Oculus. Here is everything I have tried so far:

Possible fixes on Oculus' end:
Add a controller recalibration system, similar to the Nintendo Switch's
Add dead zone options

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOLUTION TO CONTROLLER DRIFT!!!

Ok so I was able to fix this... If you are having this problem, all you need to do - and yes it's this simple - push down the joystick and blow into it. It's that easy. You may get lightheaded from it, but it worked for me. It will come back eventually, so when it does... just do it again. I have only had drift twice, so not many times have I had to do this solution, but so far for me, there IS a 100% success rate...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Off Main Topic

Cloud saves on games via facebook accounts could help people who need to factory reset and have no choice.

Multiple accounts on one Oculus Quest 2 would be nice. My brother is left handed and it can get annoying having to change the settings on some games because he plays with strange settings and is left-handed
14 REPLIES 14

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi @cp2silu If you haven't already, please contact our support team here, and include a short video of the controller drift issue and we will be happy to check into your options. Thanks! - Clint
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

CP2_Silu
Explorer

Hi @cp2silu If you haven't already, please contact our support team here, and include a short video of the controller drift issue and we will be happy to check into your options. Thanks! - Clint

Done.

Minedlwk1
Honored Guest

This has been happening to me and just looking up "oculus quest 2 left controller drift" you will find a lot of others too. I'm going to try this later! Thank you so much

ZombieHunter08
Honored Guest

Thank you. I had already contacted Oculus support and contemplated buying a new controller but the good ole lowing it with air saved me so THANK YOU.

that.who.destroy
Explorer

Really Oculus? Are you asking a video of the issue? This is the most common issue I’m seeing on forums. And by the way the blowing works.

that.who.destroy
Explorer

You are a life saver, I was already getting frustrated and with the 6 weeks time to return the device for a design fault it’s just unbelievable.

tallduck
Honored Guest

my drift has got so bad that my stick only goes right no matter how much I clean it or blow on it it doesn't work

Gordy_geo
Honored Guest

My RH controller has drifted since day one of buying. Spoke with customer services who have agreed to replace. But they want me to post controller to them to check before sending a replacement, which may be a refurbished controller. Not happy with this as this was bought new 4 weeks ago, and dont see why i should accept being unable to use my Oculus whilst i wait for faulty goods to be replaced and also potentially get a second hand controller. Very poor customer service im afraid !!!

LottaLotta
Honored Guest

Wow, can’t believe this actually worked.  Thanks!