cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 || SteamVR not booting into Home, SteamVR Games not booting properly from Oculus Link

ShadeYuki
Honored Guest

Question 1: I have seen several users boot into SteamVR through the Oculus Link menu (the environment that loads after using AirLink with the Quest 2) and load directly into SteamVR Home. However, when I do so, I boot into the black void with the stars and mountains in the background. I've checked my settings and I have SteamVR Home enabled, but it doesn't allow me to start in Home no matter how I launch SteamVR. The only way I can access it is by turning the setting off and back on again. I'd like to make it to where I can go straight from the Oculus Link menu to SteamVR Home like I have seen others do in YouTube tutorials.

Question 2: I've seen several videos explaining the process of adding SteamVR games directly to the Oculus Link library, just like SteamVR appears. I've figured out how to get them to show up, but when I try to boot them, they don't seem to load up alongside SteamVR. As a result, the games only appear flat (not in the VR environment like they would usually load if I had booted them through SteamVR itself). Games I've tested this with are Beat Saber, VR Chat, and Tabletop Simulator, and I've run into the same issue in all three cases. The only bypass I could find was for Beat Saber, by adding "-vrmode oculus" to the launch settings, but now when I close the game it doesn't close SteamVR alongside it, causing issues if I try to play another game. Any help that the community can provide would be greatly appreciated, because I've been scouring the net trying to find solutions for the past week to no avail.

6 REPLIES 6

Dashie84
Honored Guest

Same problem here

All for steam VR to work properly, you must be on the beta build and allow automatic updates.  Because the quest updates firmware regularly the commercial releases are mostly out of date.

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Dashie84
Honored Guest

I'm already on steam beta, steamvr beta and oculus beta.

I just formatted my pc a week ago.

Before the format i usually start alyx (or any other steamvr game) in oculus home. So home started steam, steamvr (black mountain background) then Alyx, TWD and so on (with a gray mountain backgound just before the game interface).

Now if i try to do the same thing, steam start and Error 108 (headset not found) appear and the game never start, but the mini steamvr windows show hmd and pad connected.

It's like the steamvr load after the hmd check from the game.

The only way to play steamvr game i found is to start steamvr from oculus home and then start the game from steamvr...
Before the format was much more streamlined and i cant find a solution.

Did you make sure to enable outside sources in oculus pc app?

Sure, i've even reinstalled everything.