cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 doesn't boot properly after factory reset

Friendly_DM2
Honored Guest

Hello everyone, 

I've recently tried using my Quest 2 and it wouldn't boot properly, nor would it recognize my controllers. After going through the standard stuff of replacing batteries, resetting normally and making sure that everything was charged properly, I decided to perform a factory reset. 

Now, all I see is the Meta logo and then it just shuts off completely. I tried restarting it, make sure it was charged properly and everything but it's just unresponsive. 

I'm not too sure in what to do next. I'd like to keep using my Quest 2, of course! Any tips? 

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Friendly_DM2. We definitely want to exhaust all options to have you up and running smoothly, so we'd love to step in to continue looking further into your device. Prior to doing so, we would like to confirm a Hard Reboot has been attempted on the headset. This can be completed by holding the power button down for 30 seconds.

Of course, if any issues continue, please send us a 
PM! To do so, either select our name to get to our profile page, or click here while signed in to the community. Once there, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! We hope to hear from you soon! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Friendly_DM2! We hope you're doing well. We just wanted to swing by to see if any further assistance was needed regarding your device. If so, do let us know! We'd love to continue working with you via PM.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello there! 

My apologies for the late reply! The issue has not been solved yet and the attempted hard reboot by holding down the power button for 30 seconds did not have an effect either, sadly. 

Hope we can get this resolved! 

Thank you for confirming this, and also sending us that PM! Please keep an eye out, someone will be with you shortly!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?