cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 not Showing up in Dev. Hub (Wired Connection by USB to PC)

GoldenMoonPup
Explorer

I have developer mode enabled, and the USB Prompt for connections enabled. I have not had an issue until the past couple of months where the Meta Developer Hub and my PC (Windows 11) will not show the device or recognize that it is connected. I have tried different USB ports on my PC, rebooted the headset, and have not used any USB extensions when connecting the headset to the PC.

The Quest does recognize that the PC is trying to access files and prompts me with a file access prompt, which I accept, but no USB Debugging or further prompts are given on the headset. The headset is running on the latest OS.

I am unsure what to do as the cable is in good shape (I tested data transfer with my phone using the cable, which works without error), and it has worked flawlessly for several months but just stopped working.

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @GoldenMoonPup! We see you're having issues with transferring files from your Quest 2 to your PC. This can certainly be troublesome, so we'd love to help get this sorted out for you! Please try the following steps to update your device driver:

1. From your PC desktop, right click on This PC or My Computer.
  2. Select Computer.
  3. Select Manage.
  4. Select Device Manager.
  5. Click the > next to Devices or Portable Devices to expand your options.
  6. Right click on Meta Quest and select Update Driver.
  7. Select the Browse my computer option, then the Let me pick from a list option.
  8. Select MTP USB Device and then select Next to complete the update.
    • If you don't see the Manage option, just select Device Manager directly.

We hope this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi,

That was not the issue I was having at all, but I did try the solution given just for fun, and it still did not fix the issue.

The issue is that the device shows up for storage but does not show up for the Meta Developer Hub. The Quest 2 does not prompt for the USB Debugging allows prompt. I do have the ADB drivers and command line tools installed to my machine (They work due to testing them with other Android-based projects and debugging).

Hey there, @GoldenMoonPup! We must have had a slight misunderstanding previously, that's our bad. Here's something that's helped out some other users who ran into this issue. Get oculus dev hub on PC, go to device manager, connect headset, enable dev mode. Let us know if this helps out at all, if not then we'll look into what the next best step to take would be. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

GoldenMoonPup
Explorer

Hi,

The dev mode was off in the mobile app for some reason, but it had been on for months before this issue without any hiccups and I had not touched it once it was on. That and the developer account I had set up successfully were both wiped out, and I had to reverify the dev account and turn the dev mode back on.

I do not understand why it just cleared it out and turned off dev mode with no notifications (especially with the account verification status being wiped out). An email notification or some other notification would have been nice. I wonder if this type of issue will reoccur for as long as I own the headset or if it was a major glitch/bug.

Hey there, @GoldenMoonPup! We're glad to hear that you've got it all figured out now! If this does happen again, a good idea would be to submit a Bug Report so that our engineers can see that it's an issue. If there's anything else we can help out with or if you have any questions that we could answer, please feel free to contact us again!