cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 not charging while pluged to my pc.

Hiroyko
Explorer

Hello,

I really need help with something that is really annoying to me lately. 
Since the update v26, I'm unable to charge my quest 2 with my computer, as in, when it's plugged to my pc via the official link, I only get 2 hours of play time. I must stop and plug it to the power and wait for it to charge again.. which is very annoying. It used to be fine before the update 26.

List of stuff I tried to do to fix it : 
Reinstall all drivers and oculus software

Able and disable the beta 

Reset my quest 2 to factory default

Try another usb port

My link still works, i have around 2.1 gbps when I do the usb test and I plugged my phone on it and it charges, around 600 mA.

I'd really love to get some help !

12 REPLIES 12

Nikramaditya
Honored Guest

I'm having the exact same issue. I know for sure its not the USB port as I've measured it supplying up to 3000mA to other devices.

Hiroyko
Explorer

No help ? 
Like it's weird, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, depends on the day really 😧

KCQuetzal
Honored Guest

debugg
Honored Guest

I had the same issue,. I contacted support as cable was less than 24 hours old... This is their reply:

This is an email update regarding on the concern of the Oculus Link that do not charge on playing.

We have an update regarding on our request, they have updated the Oculus Link as it is not for charging purposes because mostly it cause the headset some trouble on the battery issue later on but it somehow maintains the device from not turning off when it is connected to a computer. Also please do note for your safety purposes please refrain from playing VR while charging it's just for precautionary measure for I care about your safe.

In line with that, I would suggest I you want a longer span of playtime, there is an Elite Strap with Battery that serves as an expansion for the battery of the headset. 

I apologize that we are not able to give you a possible replacement for the issue will always be the same as the Oculus Link is typically not for charging purposes. 

Don't let them tell you that the Oculus Link is not for powering the Quest when on their page for the Link Cable they state:

"DUAL FUNCTION

Get blistering-fast data speeds while powering your device at the same time.
(Requires a USB-C port providing sufficient current.)"

https://www.oculus.com/accessories/oculus-link/

xXGODFIREXx
Honored Guest

same problem

Hi there! We see you are having issues with your device charging while connected to the PC. We would love to assist you with this. 

When and how long have you noticed the device not charging? Does the device have any power allowing you to reset it? 

If the issue would persist after a reboot please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Just checked. they removed the part that says it does both from that page....

GreenDuckie
Honored Guest

I have been trying to get this issue resolved for 6 months now. I have been told it was disabled for safety, to which I said providing high fidelity gaming for 1.5-2 hours is insufficient and breaks immersion. then i was told that it wasn't them that it is my computer, to which I stated I used this computer and got 6+ hours game play with no issue in the past. now they have offered me a @$20 credit to "appease" me and I quote. this has been an on going issue since V26 and I don't think they care to fix it. honestly the people that do PC VR are the actual VR fans that are going all in and they don't care if they lose those customers i guess. i suppose ill wait and see what the next valve headset is going to be and just lose out on the money I've spent with meta. i have pages and pages of emails back and fourth with them that i would be glad to share.