cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 not connecting to mobile app

Muffinnater86
Honored Guest

I just got my Oculus for Christmas and for a day or two it was working just fine. Now whenever I try to connect it to the app it won’t connect. My Bluetooth says it is connected but not the app. I have already googled ways to solve this and tried everything but it’s not working. Both devices are connected to the same WiFi, I have all updates, I’ve factory reset both the oculus and my phone, I’ve uninstalled and downloaded the app multiple times, and my location is on. I don’t know what else to do about this problem. Besides that the app works just fine, too.

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Muffinnater86! We see your headset is having a hard time pairing to your mobile app. We appreciate you providing those troubleshooting steps that you've already tried. Considering the fact that the app is working perfectly fine outside of pairing to your headset, we know how frustrating this situation must be. 

Since you have already made sure the Bluetooth and headset is turned on, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, ensured the devices are on the same network, and performed factory resets, we have a couple more steps to offer.

• Clear the Bluetooth cache on the phone
  • Power cycle the phone and the headset. If you're unable to power off the headset normally, hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

We hope this helps get your headset back to pairing with your app. 🙏

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

zuox77
Honored Guest

Hey have you solved the issue? I had the same issue and tried power cycle the phone and the headset. Any other option?

MustardBungus
Honored Guest

Did you solve your issue? I’m having the same issue with mine. Bluetooth is connected but the app won’t connect.

Hi @MustardBungus! Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this issue. We know it's never fun to experience any issues with our devices not pairing with our phones, so we would love to get this fixed up for you as fast as possible. Luckily, we do have a couple of troubleshooting steps that you can try:

The host device is the device that will link with the headset, a smartphone, for example.

1. Restart the headset and the host device

2. Try to sync the headset to another host device
    • this allows to rule out any issue with the headset Bluetooth sync

3. Try to sync a different device than the headset to the host device
    • this allows to rule out any issue with the host device Bluetooth sync

4. Remove any unsupported third-party accessories that may affect communication (such as headset covers, etc.) 

5. Clear the Bluetooth cache on the host device (see how to below)

6. Allow some time for the host device to cool

We've seen these steps help people out in the past with the same issue you're having. We're hoping that they will do the same for you. However, if you're still having trouble after trying those steps, please don't hesitate to reach back out and let us know. We hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey hey! Just checking in on you to see how everything was going for you, and to let you know we are still here if you need us! If you are still experiencing issues, please respond to the previously mentioned post, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you!