cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 not detecting controllers

M1guelis
Honored Guest

Hey I recently bought a used Quest 2. I tried setting it up but it won't go past the screen where I have to point the controller at the blue button and press it. The controllers vibrate when I turn on the headset, and it shows that they are paired thought the mobile app, but it just doesn't show that I am moving the controllers. Is there a fix to this or is my Quest just broken. 

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @M1guelis! Not to worry, we'll be happy to assist you with your controller setup concerns. As a result, we strongly recommend performing a factory reset, which will restore the headset to its original state, steps will be left below. Please let us know if it works, and if you're still having problems, please contact our fantastic support team.

• Turn off your headset.
  • Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

The device should now begin the Factory Reset process.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Tried it, doesn't work.

Howdy there! Thank you for responding to let us know that these measures did not work and that the issue persists. We strongly advise you to contact our outstanding support team for further assistance.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!