cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 suddenly not connecting

Connorfeb2022
Honored Guest

I’ve been playing on my Oculus Quest 2 for about a month with no issues.  I’m completely signed up and have even paid for and downloaded a few games.  

Suddenly today when I turned it on, it wants me to sign in with my Facebook information.  I thought that was odd, why does it want that?  It has my email I use with my Facebook already there but greyed out so I can’t change it.  Then below it wants my password.  So I enter that and I get an error message in orange color font that says, “This device is connected to an existing account. Log into this account or reset the device to use a different one. Visit support.oculus.com for more info.“

I don’t get why it’s saying that.  I only have one email and password for this specific device.  There is only one account for it.  What does it mean when it says it’s already connected to an existing account?  If it’s already “connected” then why is it asking me to enter my password in to connect?

I’m so annoyed with this stupid thing.  Why do we need to be connected to a Facebook account and an Oculus account?  It’s so **bleep** confusing.  I just want to play on this thing!  😡

924 REPLIES 924

Can’t use my oculus 2.

didn’t use it for long time.

try now and get connected to WiFi 

all data is gone old email doesn’t work where can I get help with professional 

Just reset and start from scratch, Login when prompted and reinstall your content.
I did the same last week with my old 64gb Quest 2 to test it was all still ok .

Hey there! We were just scrolling through and noticed people were having log in issues. We love seeing our community engage with each other and offering sound advice. 

If anyone is still experiencing issues after following the steps in the previous post, please let us know by sending us a PM. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This is an old post but I'm having this exact issue on my son's Meta Quest 2. Have had for several month now and has worked fine. The other day it it has a new pop up screen that says to log back in on another device (why???) Then it asks me enter an 8 digit code on the meta.com/devices and then wants my business email. Wtf??? I don't want to factory reset my device because my son's invested a lot of time and my money into getting his account built on his Gorilla Tag game. What do I do???

The_1st_Dark_Lord_Morgoth
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION - MARKING FOR VISABILITY

Hey guys! Since this is a really large thread and is a couple of years old already, I'll be locking it from this point on. If anyone is having trouble with their head not connecting Please be sure to create a new post so that other users may be able to assist you!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?