cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 suddenly not connecting

Connorfeb2022
Honored Guest

I’ve been playing on my Oculus Quest 2 for about a month with no issues.  I’m completely signed up and have even paid for and downloaded a few games.  

Suddenly today when I turned it on, it wants me to sign in with my Facebook information.  I thought that was odd, why does it want that?  It has my email I use with my Facebook already there but greyed out so I can’t change it.  Then below it wants my password.  So I enter that and I get an error message in orange color font that says, “This device is connected to an existing account. Log into this account or reset the device to use a different one. Visit support.oculus.com for more info.“

I don’t get why it’s saying that.  I only have one email and password for this specific device.  There is only one account for it.  What does it mean when it says it’s already connected to an existing account?  If it’s already “connected” then why is it asking me to enter my password in to connect?

I’m so annoyed with this stupid thing.  Why do we need to be connected to a Facebook account and an Oculus account?  It’s so **bleep** confusing.  I just want to play on this thing!  😡

923 REPLIES 923

Should we do anything or just pray they see the forum and fix it? Idk whats the actionable tasks now

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have no idea, hope they dont scam us and give the accounts back i guess

Anonymous
Not applicable

this has been going on for too long

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are not alone my friend, has been going on for too long now and i really hope they fix it soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

if it doesnt get fixed im done with meta. Then im going over to pc vr instead, this is still really disappointing that it happend in the first place. But i wish you the best of luck to get your account back

Anonymous
Not applicable

this has been going on from quite some time now. I guess the only thing we can do is to wait and hopefully we get our accounts back, with everything we bought. I personally wish all of you the best of luck getting your accounts back!

Anonymous
Not applicable

it sucks, i really hope that they will fix it soon so we all can go back and play vr again. Really disappointed at meta though for even letting this happen.

So is this similar to my issue I woke up today and found my headset deleted my account off my moms oculus and the game I bought on my account is gone too even if I re log in and it says in my purchase history I never bought anything ! Yet I got the e 27$ charge on my bank statement ! This is bs and I’m going to return this paper weight I swear 

Oculus home asks me to login with my already-merged facebook account; Clicking the link takes me to a page asking me to login in the Oculus Home app, which sends me back to the facebook login / merge account page. Account is already merged with oculus home. Now I get the spam block due to trying to login to my 100% legit account that I've used since 2016 (from trying to login multiple times this morning while trapped in the loop that apparently is a big and still unfixed issue). The $700 Rift, the $200 touch controllers and the $460 in software I've purchased since 2016 are unusable now. As an autistic person VR is literally my only outlet to socializing with other Humans. The instantaneous severing of this outlet without notice can be detrimental to my quality of life.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I got onto the Oculus to do Supernatural the Oculus had logged me out. When I went to log back in with my Facebook account it was if I lost my original account. How can I get my original account back that I paid a monthly subscription for Supernatural?