cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest - Beat saber crashing - Anyone else ?

Vhenzor
Explorer
Beat saber crashing every 30min or so, seem to crash only in the songs selection menu. The screen freeze for a couple seconds, then i get a black screen and must reset the quest by holding the power button.

Tryed a factory reset + reinstall beat saber, still crashing.

Anyone else ?
6 REPLIES 6

is2scooby
Honored Guest
I'm having a crashing issue, but it's happening during gameplay.  Just started last night for me.  Power cycle and standard reset didn't help.  I haven't done a factory reset yet.

Games001
Explorer
Crashes about every 30-40 mins for me.  Game starts to stutter, freeze, sound goes into a short loop then the whole Oculus Quest reboots some times.

dscpt
Explorer
Yes, me too. Random hanging on the song selection and preview screen, corrupted graphics, loss of controller tracking and total loss of headset tracking or black screen. Can't quit the app and have to hold power to force a reboot. Happens after 30-60 minutes of game play, but is difficult to tell if it's an overheating/throttling issue or if it's a code issue / memory leak type thing.

johan.chacin.587
Honored Guest
same issue as everyone else, anybody got it working?

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star

same issue as everyone else, anybody got it working?

This post is very old, so even if you’re having the same issue, the cause couldn’t possibly be relevant to the version of the game their referring to. Are you talking about native quest or PCVR? Do you have mods on? 72,80,or 90 hz?  The current native quest version is very stable for me and my buddy who plays. 

johan.chacin.587
Honored Guest

@Howie_Doodat the original message conatined imformation like this but was in another reply, maybe it got moved somehow?, anyways i am using a quest 2, running beat saber version 1.16.4, so should be using 90 hz, i do have bmbf installed

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?