cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest store extremely slow download speed!

Arukubarr
Honored Guest
I am wondering if there was a reason why it is taking 5+ hours to download a 1Gb game on a 75Mbps Internet connection. I am hoping that because Oculus Quest has sold out and it is christmas day, the Oculus Servers are having a hard time with the large influx of new devices. Unfortunately i feel alienated with that hope because it seems as if i am the only one suffering with this problem. I am concerned to troubleshoot my internet as it would cancel my download wich is at 80% currently, but it works fine on my phone and laptop.
36 REPLIES 36

Bearcoog
Honored Guest

is this still an issue with no fix? I just got an Oculus 2 and the download speed is super slow ~100kb/s. I did  a speed test in the browser and it’s getting 500mb/s.

Can this be advised differently for other people who have this issue that are outside the time of Christmas and other exchange gift like holidays? Maybe 2 Solutions? Either by a new thread or to have this not be shown as an answer outside of Christmas time.  VR is still new and growing and will explode over the next two years. This thread cannot be what people are first shown when they run into this issue as it is objectively not consistent in a manner of timing.

I have this issue also, it's been 2 and a half years. I tried manually updating the firmware, factory resetting, and a few other things, honestly at this point the headset itself is probably the issue.

it was working before for me so thats not the issue, i also sideloaded some software to force 5ghz

Ascertain
Protege

Most of the answers on here are unhelpful I have 1200 MB per second and still get the same slow speeds. It's on their end, not ours.

DaenerysMOD
Explorer

Hi! 

I know this post was a long time ago, so I don't know if you ever fixed this issue, but thought I would post here for the sake of others. I too was getting ridiculously slow downloads from the Oculus store, which seemed even worse when my fiance's Q2 was buzzing right along and was done in 10 minutes or less!

Trying to download Contractor's, and I was FED UP!! I decided to look into my settings, and went to "Experimental", and turned on the 120 Hz refresh rate (it was in the off position). Went back a few minutes later and the download was up to half done! 

Now I know that typically refresh rate refers to gameplay, but this seemed to do the trick for me. Coincidence? Maybe. But thought it might be something others could try to see if it works for you.

Hoping for the best!!

Anita

BoomerSooner36
Honored Guest

10/20/2022 and still no real fix or explanation. i bought a quest two a few days ago and I've managed to download a single 1 gb game. Absolutely ridiculous.

only? you sound satisfied with sub dial up speeds.

Soulreaper4life
Honored Guest

Have you tried doing a factory reset through the meta oculus app? I'm having a similar issue and eventually got frustrated enough to do a reset. After re-pairing and going through setup videos, the system now seems to load and download at decent speeds

usjmb
Explorer

I jave tried all of the fixes, even spent 2 hours with tech support when they finally had me replace my headset and the new one is doing the same thing. It seems like it happened after a recent update because prior my download speeds were just fine. Now after 10 hours only 400mb will download yet I can stream Netflix with no issues or other media on my server.  When doing a speed test it shows at minimal 500mbs.  Really frustrating. Even updates can take over an hour for less than 100mb.