cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S: Displayport connection not working/no connection.

BxbbyKins
Honored Guest

I've had my Oculus Rift S since July 2020, I've adored it, treated it very well, and never had an issue until the beginning of march 2021. I went to play with a friend, plugged it in, in the usual ports I use and it wouldn't work. 
Oculus didn't open by itself like normal, so I opened it manually, looked to see what the issue was. 

"DisplayPort connection not working. Learn more"
"No DisplayPort connection. Learn more"

Firmware Version 2.2.0
--

I've exhausted my resources, asking friends, reddit, and oculus support for assistance. I'm waiting for oculus to reply, so figured while I wait I could ask the community.

I've tried different ports, bought a powered usb 3.0 hub, reinstalled oculus software, signed up for the beta/left the beta. Anything that was suggested I have attempted. 
Does anyone have any suggestions?

15 REPLIES 15

TheTaff-Dj
Explorer

Same problem here mate, It has been flawless up until the last update....tried everything, will follow thread and hope somebody from Oculus does more than say plug USB in wait 5 secs plug DP in..........It is a disgrace.......I have a feeling that this may be to do with FB accounts, I hope I am wrong but ya know track record and such!

Kind regards TheTaff_DJ

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this matter on your end and reaching out to us through email. I was able to locate your ticket in our system and see that we did get back to you yesterday evening with some steps for you to try! You can check out our reply by logging into tickets.oculus.com, or you should have also received an email to your personal address notifying you of the update. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

punkstjimmy
Honored Guest

Did you ever find a reslolution for this? I'm having the exact same problem. Headset was working fine for almost a year and now i'm stuck with the "No DisplayPort connection." message.

I've scoured every post on here, reddit and anywhere I could find and tried everything. I'm already using a powered USB hub, re-installed everything, tried different ports, windows camera settings. Everything. It just refuses to work.

d2jkazb
Expert Protege

did u try roll back oculus driver - the one with support.rar  and block oculus update?

dougolarry
Honored Guest

My rift s was working 6 months ago. Yesterday I tried to run just the tutorial videos that came with the app. I tried all the suggestions I could find……uninstall, disable anti-virus and firewall, move video ports move USB ports …..and so on and so on…..most of yesterday and today. Six months ago when I installed my new Rift S, the problem was USB or video port not found.  Some how I got the thing working with Elite Dangerous, Starwars Squadrons, and MSFS 2020. Now, everything is green (Ok) on the device screen ….but no video. Extremely frustrating!

dougolarry
Honored Guest

Somewhere in days of research, I discovered a solution. I opened device manager ….. there were two eXtensible Host Controller drivers …..one from Microsoft and one from NVIDIA. I disabled the NVIDIA driver…….bingo! Everything works. You must disable the driver ……you can not remove it because it comes back when there are windows updates.. At least for now, the Rift S is working. Maybe this will help some of you. My guess is that the two drivers were interfering wit each other.

dougolarry
Honored Guest

I forgot to include my system information:

Motherboard       Z390

Processor            Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz

Installed RAM    64.0 GB

System type       64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition  Windows 10 Pro

Version 21H1

Installed on         ‎7/‎25/‎2020

OS build               19043.1055

Video Card          NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

dougolarry
Honored Guest

Today it is not working again!  In my last post, I disabled an eXtensible Host Controller driver by NVIDIA and everything seemed to work. So, I opened device manager only to discover another eXtensible Host Controller driver had been installed from ASMEDIA (a Dell company). I disabled this driver leaving only the Intel driver active.

Everything seems to be working fine.

If it seems like I have been shooting in the dark, we’ll, I have. I am sharing this information in hopes that it will help other Oculus Users.  For now, everything seems to be working …….. suggesting that multiple eXtensible Host Controller drivers may be interfering with each other. It remains to be seen if my system will be working the next time I boot by PC.

d2jkazb
Expert Protege

interesting i have no connection error too and 5 eXtensible Host Controllers 1x intel (microsoft) 4x renesas (microsoft) i wonder if removing them or disabling them would fix the issue...