cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S controller drift

Kurai_Lockheart
Level 2

Hi, my controllers are majorly drifting and I can't make it stop or find any replacements...

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh no Kurai, we see you are having problems with your controllers drifting! We understand this must be troublesome for you as this is not the kind of experience we wish to see from our customers. 

Have you attempted any troubleshooting already? If so, can you list what you did so to not have you repeat anything?

When did you notice this issue and is it with both controllers?

Kurai_Lockheart
Level 2

I've been able to temporarily solve the drift with cleaner, but it eventually comes back, as for when I noticed it, a few months back, that's when I started using the cleaner to great effect, and yes it's with both controllers.

Thank you for that information Kurai. How often does it take after you clean the controllers before the issue presents itself again?

Also can we ask you to do the following:

First:

• Remove the batteries for at least 30 seconds before attempting to use them again.

Secondly:
  • On the Headsets: Increase the dead zones of the controller until the drift is no longer an issue/noticeable. 
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Go to Hands and Controllers Settings
    3. Select Controllers in the left menu
    4. Next to Thumbstick range and dead zone, select the joystick which is having issue
    5. Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks deadzones

• When powering on your controllers, ensure that the Analog sticks aren't being held in any direction and are at rest in the neutral position.