cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
We are aware of and actively investigating an issue impacting ability to access Rift software. Our teams apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you and appreciate your patience while we work on a resolution. We'll share more updates here as we have them. Thanks.

Update:
Hey everyone - This is an issue with our software certification that we're still actively working on. For security, we use a certificate to ensure that the software you receive actually comes from Oculus. That certificate has expired, and we're looking at a few different ways to resolve the issue. We’ll update you with the latest info as available. We recommend you wait until we provide an official fix. Thanks for your patience.

Update #2:
Hey everyone - We're still working hard to resolve the cert issue. We're in the process of integrating an updated cert. Unfortunately, pushing the update out to affected users has some added complexity, as the expired cert blocks our standard software update path. We're working through the options now, and we expect to have more details to share later this evening.

Update #3:

Hey all - thank for your patience. We now have an Oculus software update in place that fixes the issue where Rift may fail to start up. For more info and instructions, please go here: https://support.oculus.com/217157135500529/

Thank you once again for your patience.

Update #4:
Each Rift user impacted by last week's issue and eligible for our $15 Oculus Store credit (or currency equivalent) will see that hit their account within the next few hours. Not sure where to find your credit? Check out this support article: https://support.oculus.com/176820559444065/ ;

If you don't receive store credit but believe you qualified (used the Oculus desktop app on Rift between 2/1/18 and 3/8/18 -- after further consideration we extended the window by a day to account for potential new Rift owners), please contact support: https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/
2,249 REPLIES 2,249

JQuinn74
Protege
I’m so bored, I’m making 3D faces in the snow ❄️ 

Anonymous
Not applicable

CrispyFoo said:

Oculus isn't bricked....period. I've been using it all night - if your panties are that twisted, change your system date. I can guarantee you don't run any software that will 'mess up permanently' with a system date change. 

yea well dcs wont play only loads onto desktop so yea that fix does not work for everyone's needs.... hence bricked

Mr_GoodKat
Protege

CrispyFoo said:

Oculus isn't bricked....period. I've been using it all night - if your panties are that twisted, change your system date. I can guarantee you don't run any software that will 'mess up permanently' with a system date change. 

Changing the system date can mess up a lot of other software applications. Usually harmless but most people don't want to risk additional issues.

bobzdar
Protege

Zenbane said:

EAF_Ribbon said:
I don't have intention to spend my life in this forum like some so i don't care.

It seems like you're spending your life in VR though, hence your unhealthy approach to this momentary outage.

Says the guy with 9000 posts on a VR message board, lmfao!

This is somewhat comical but the workaround is easy enough - set date back a day and launch game, that simple for me.  Hopefully they have it fixed properly soon enough, it's honestly pretty embarrassing that something this dumb has caused so much down time.  Between the updates starting in Feb that caused a ton of black screen issues, Nvidia driver compatibility issues and now this, I'm starting to lose a little faith.  It was working perfectly for a year and a half but the last month has been a complete nightmare for VR, this is just the cherry on top.

Anonymous
Not applicable
CrispyFoo said:

yea well dcs wont play only loads onto desktop so yea that fix does not work for everyone's needs.... hence bricked

you not being able to use a single app but able to use most others is NOT bricked.

Mr_GoodKat
Protege

Zenbane said:

Mr_GoodKat said:
I agree that constant connection should be encouraged, but if they didn't require a cert than this wouldn't have happened at all.

The cert guarantees a secure communication stream between the clients and the servers.

Stop pretending you understand technology.

I do understand technology. Stop contributing nonsense to the forumn

Semko66
Honored Guest

SO I found workaround this People   : Here is the FIX   Go ON RUIN : Type Services.msc ---> Go Right Click on Oculus VR library Service right click on that ------> Go ON properties and from there click on startup  Type choose Autumatic . Thats how i fixed Mine . Good Luck 

Anonymous
Not applicable

CrispyFoo said:

CrispyFoo said:

you not being able to use a single app but able to use most others is NOT bricked.

it is if it is the only app i bought the hardware for
i pay i can use it on whatever i want whenever i want
i dont lease the damn thing from oculus
i bought it

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

bobzdar said:

Zenbane said:

EAF_Ribbon said:
I don't have intention to spend my life in this forum like some so i don't care.

It seems like you're spending your life in VR though, hence your unhealthy approach to this momentary outage.

Says the guy with 9000 posts on a VR message board, lmfao!

Way to take the conversation back to the beginning.

Folks like you and Ms. Ribbon are why I have such a high post count. I don't mind it, and always happy to dance.

A Forum vs VR. Complex stuff.

GeekyGami
Adventurer

Semko66 said:

SO I found workaround this People   : Here is the FIX   Go ON RUIN : Type Services.msc ---> Go Right Click on Oculus VR library Service right click on that ------> Go ON properties and from there click on startup  Type choose Autumatic . Thats how i fixed Mine . Good Luck 

Hm? How does that fix it?
It's set to manual by default 
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?