cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
We are aware of and actively investigating an issue impacting ability to access Rift software. Our teams apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you and appreciate your patience while we work on a resolution. We'll share more updates here as we have them. Thanks.

Update:
Hey everyone - This is an issue with our software certification that we're still actively working on. For security, we use a certificate to ensure that the software you receive actually comes from Oculus. That certificate has expired, and we're looking at a few different ways to resolve the issue. We’ll update you with the latest info as available. We recommend you wait until we provide an official fix. Thanks for your patience.

Update #2:
Hey everyone - We're still working hard to resolve the cert issue. We're in the process of integrating an updated cert. Unfortunately, pushing the update out to affected users has some added complexity, as the expired cert blocks our standard software update path. We're working through the options now, and we expect to have more details to share later this evening.

Update #3:

Hey all - thank for your patience. We now have an Oculus software update in place that fixes the issue where Rift may fail to start up. For more info and instructions, please go here: https://support.oculus.com/217157135500529/

Thank you once again for your patience.

Update #4:
Each Rift user impacted by last week's issue and eligible for our $15 Oculus Store credit (or currency equivalent) will see that hit their account within the next few hours. Not sure where to find your credit? Check out this support article: https://support.oculus.com/176820559444065/ ;

If you don't receive store credit but believe you qualified (used the Oculus desktop app on Rift between 2/1/18 and 3/8/18 -- after further consideration we extended the window by a day to account for potential new Rift owners), please contact support: https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/
2,249 REPLIES 2,249

Duke-Ka-Boom
Protege

Can we please get an update on the fix! 
For Real!

iJudgement
Heroic Explorer

Annihma said:

When Playstation or a big company past trought a similar problem their clients where compensated with free apps and games. I hope you guys compensate us with something seriusly like your problem. 

PlayStations only outages that were compensated for were over a month long.

It hasn't even been 24 hours yet.

Thats a big difference

scottharmes6
Protege
Thanks for the info.  I am glad the issue is a known one, and glad I didn't reinstall Oculus App at 1 am this morning as I almost did.

Ace0100
Honored Guest
I highly suggest not turning back the time and date it will mess up other certificates on windows and you will have issues in the future wait til they fix it 

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

Thanks for the info.  I am glad the issue is a known one, and glad I didn't reinstall Oculus App at 1 am this morning as I almost did.

A lot of people did... I almost did.  Hopefully those who did just reinstalled the software without purging their saved games files.

superdave132
Explorer
Hindsight is 20-20, It sounds like a simple calendar entry in their datebook with an alarm would have helped prevent this  😕

freakdazzer
Honored Guest
Hopefully they will fix this issue today. I know everyone is pissed but oculus are gonna lose a hell of alot of money etc out of this so I would imagine there busting there balls to solve the problem and we might all get something free.I do feel sorry for the businesses that count on oculus but for most of us there is life outside of VR.enjoy the downtime and when it's up and running you can stay in vr as long as you want

Beuze8873
Explorer
J'ai voulu poster cela sur le mur Facebook d'Oculus, c'est même pas resté 2s sur le mur avant d'être effacer!!!

Oculus Rift, ou comment une grande entreprise ce trompe sur un petit fichier qui mène la zizanie sur la toile!

Depuis hier 13h heure française, il est impossible de ce connecté pour utiliser son casque Oculus Rift, le truc impensable en 2018!! Le problème est que si vous ne grattez pas un peu sur internet jamais vous ne seriez au courant que le problème vient de Oculus, donc arrêter de vous acharner sur vos ordi en installant, réinstallant le programme ou de chercher le bon tuto, ça ne marchera pas de tte manière, et l'histoire de mettre 1 jour avant l'horloge de l'ordinateur ça ne fonctionne pas non plus!

Le problème a ce jour c'est qu'il n'y a aucune information de la part d'oculus ... Oup's a si, si vous aller chercher sur la toile mais alors vraiment chercher c'est pas une info qui remontait de suite.... en tout cas hier apres midi.

A cet heure toujours pas de nouvelle de leurs par mis a part le "We are aware of and actively investigating an issue impacting ability to access Rift software. Our teams apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you and appreciate your patience while we work on a resolution. We'll share more updates here as we have them. Thanks."

En gros prenez votre mal en patiente!!! Je sais c'est pas cool, surtout quand on doit travailler avec, et genre tu as ton client qui vient hier après midi pour lui montrer ton travail et là pas de bol rien qui fonctionne 😞 obliger de faire la demo depuis l'ordi.... Mais surtout tu passes pour un con car tu n'avais pas l'info de la part d'oculus

Merci la communication!!!!

I wanted to post this on the Facebook wall of Oculus, it's not even 2s on the wall before being erased !!!

Oculus Rift, or how a big company that cheats on a small file that leads the zizanie on the web!

Since yesterday 13h French time, it is impossible for this connected to use his Oculus Rift helmet, the unthinkable thing in 2018! The problem is that if you do not scratch a bit on the internet ever you would not be aware that the problem comes from Oculus, so stop bothering your computer by installing, reinstalling the program or look for the right tutorial, it will not work. no way, and the story of putting 1 day before the clock of the computer it does not work either!

The problem so far is that there is no information from oculus ... Oup's so, if you go get on the web but then really look is not an info that went back from more .... in any case yesterday after noon.

At this time, there is still no news of theirs, apart from the fact that we are aware of the fact that they are actively investigating the problem of access to Rift software. Our teams apologize for any inconvenience We'll share more updates here we have them.

Basically take your pain in patient! I know it's not cool, especially when we have to work with it, and you have your client who comes yesterday afternoon to show him your work and there's nothing that works 😞 to make the demo from the computer .... But mostly you pass for a dude stupid because you did not have the info from oculus

Thank you communication !!!!

CmonBruh
Explorer

MrKaru said:

Aliantha said:

MrKaru said:

Good morning everybody. Can deny I'm disappointed to see that I'm waking up to no new news about this. 

Good morning!

You're still awake? I thought everybody from last night would have gone to bed by now. 
Have I missed anything?

Not everyone lives in the same country mate.

DeviliveD666
Protege

Aliantha said:

A lot of people did... I almost did.  Hopefully those who did just reinstalled the software without purging their saved games files.

Are they not safed in a cloud as steam does?
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?