cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus S not detected

Space_Vigilante
Honored Guest

I plugged in my Oculus Rift S for the first time today and immediately noticed that it took over my sound settings. There was  a yellow light, and i could listen to anything through the oculus. I left to go make dinner and when i returned, the yellow light was off and i can't hear anything through the oculus. I looked through the Windows sound settings and confirmed that they were routed to the oculus. Additionally when trying to setup the Oculus Software it keeps telling me that neither the USB or Display Cable are being detected. I have already attempted the common fixes (updating and reinstalling Graphics Drivers) and checked the cable connection. No matter what i do, it seems like the oculus just isn't being detected anymore.

I gathered the OculusSetup.log & Oculus diagnostics.zip but it seems that neither are accepted when i tried to add them to this message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Space_Vigilante
Honored Guest

Nevermind, this can be closed. The fix was going to my device manager and manually uninstalliing my USB drivers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, @Space_Vigilante! Thank you for letting us know about your Rift S not being detected through your PC. We know how much of an inconvenience this is for our PC users to have to deal with, and we're happy to look into this issue further!

• If you have another PC in your home, have you checked to see if your headset can be detected by that PC
  • Could you please provide a screenshot or picture of what you are seeing when trying to connect your device to your PC?
  • Have you tired uninstalling and reinstalling the Oculus app from your PC?

Please provide as much information as you can. Once you do, we will be able to determine how best to help you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Space_Vigilante
Honored Guest

Nevermind, this can be closed. The fix was going to my device manager and manually uninstalliing my USB drivers

Thanks for the update @Space_Vigilante! We're happy to hear you were able to get it fixed on your own. We really appreciate you sharing what worked as well. Hopefully others who run into this will be able to see what worked for you, and it might help them too!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!