cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Setup Cannot Connect

thomasburkett
Honored Guest
So my Oculus was delivered and I began the process of setup. After Download I ran the program only to encounter 'Cannot connect to server'.   So my internet has no problems. I ran the software to see if I had all the correct hardware which I do , I have disabled my firewall, I am running windows 10 64 bit . I have an intel core i7 6920 2.9ghz 16gb ram I have gtx 980 ti graphics card 6gb. Plenty of hard disk space. #all my games Arma 3 , DCS flight sim, Pr3pared all run fine with 3 monitors at full graphics spec. I have tried downloading from different browsers as well. Unistall , install , I have ran the program as administrator . Think I have tried everything. I have the install log that I can provide
5 REPLIES 5

jefferson_wang_
Honored Guest
me too. Please help me to resolve it.

Skirlock
Explorer

I saw this too after the new update. This system is new , fresh and dedicated to this particular Rift setup which is also new and had been working flawlessly.

Try this;   close the Oculus Software, grab your rift and make certain it is within site of your sensors and only then launch the Oculus software. See if the Network Connect message is gone from the Rift.

Artist3d
Explorer
Well this is fun, the latest 1.4 update completely failed to install and after multiple reboots and retries it has actually deleted my entire folder of previously installed and purchased applications! Is there at least an 'undo'? Is there anybody out there with a clear procedure for re-installing the software? 😞

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you upload the setup log? See instructions in this thread:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
That error can happen if there is a network issues, such as from firewall or anti-virus. But sometimes I can happen for other reasons, the logs may give me a better idea.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Grand Champion
@Artist3d If your content got uninstalled for some reason, you can always download again from the Not Installed tab of the Oculus app.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV