cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Social doesn't work

Wittlewizard20
Honored Guest

My Oculus social doesn't work at all, I have a Oculus rift S and I am trying to join join a party with my friend who is on a Oculus quest but some reason when he sends me a invite i get it but then cant join it. I go onto any of the social categories and it just gets stuck loading (picture below). I know its not my internet and my headset works perfectly fine. I cant send him friend requests either cuz he just doesn't receive them. Im signed into my facebook account and I can see the invites and chat messages if i go onto my pc and look at the chat there but when i click the invite it tells me to go into vr and then im stuck at the loading screen.
Wittlewizard20_0-1631468906564.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

SLITHERYGRIMELORD
Honored Guest

I am having the same issue! any resolution?

Hey SLITHERYGRIMELORD! The virtual experience is fun on it's own, but it's certainly even more engaging when playing with your friends and family! Let's see what we can do!

If you're experiencing the same issues as the OP (original poster), then you should first check to see if your Oculus app needs any sort of update. This will ensure you're updated to the most recent software build which includes the latest bug fixes.

No dice? You may need to reinstall the Oculus Pc app entirely. It's very possible that you have corrupted or missing files that's causing the app to not function as it should:

1. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  2. Backup any necessary content.
  3. Reboot into Safe Mode.
  4. Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel.
  5. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  6. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  7. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  8. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  9. Install Oculus Home again using the setup tool from our website here.

Pay special attention to steps 5 and 6, as those folders do not delete after uninstalling through control panel/settings.

If you still can't load your social features, please be sure to open up a ticket through our support channel, so that we can investigate this issue a little further!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Exact same issue, but NO ONE has the answer apparently?  Either of you get this figured out?!

Going to try this just submitted a ticket but worth a shot. 

CovertzMedia
Explorer

Good luck to anyone who figures this out... The Support Is GARBAGE It's not only me but my roomate w both of us brand new quests 2. they keep trying to say this is why. It's not. It's sadly their **bleep**e ass software. my roomate is making we wait 2 more days to see if they'll fix it but if not I'm just returning my headset.

CovertzMedia
Explorer