cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Support Ignoring me?

CamStreet
Sightseer
Hi All, 

I work in tech support, so maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit, but after a lot of faffing around, oculus support finally agreed to RMA both of my Q2 headsets. I shipped them back almost two weeks ago using the provided service (in separate boxes as instructed) the headsets arrived last Wednesday + Thursday. (Customs in Czech Republic kept hold of one longer than the other). I have received only 1 email to say they have received the first headset, and they promptly shipped a replacement. All good so far. However, it's now been over a week since it was delivered to the sorting hub, and no email to say they have received the second one, AND the first replacement has arrived, and whilst a lot better than the first headset, it has arrived with dead pixels, and more are popping up everytime I use it. I have raised another case with oculus for the dead pixels issue (they closed the original case after the first replacement headset arrived, a bit premature guys?) But it's now been 5 days and I've not even had an acknowledgement email to say they have received the request and are looking into it?! I raised a second request to query where the second headset is, and 3 days on that too has not been acknowledged... I get there may not be an SLA in force here, but 5 days without even acknowledging a new request is not doing my confidence in the support any good. 

TLDR: RMA'd 2 headsets, only received 1 replacement. Replacement headset has dead pixels, and it's been 5 days since opening a new request and not had any response from Oculus Support

Is this par for the course with Oculus Support, or am I just unlucky?
3 REPLIES 3

Richooal
Consultant
It's a common complaint. Oculus support can sometimes do some terrific stuff to help people (me included on 2 occasions) but generally speaking they seem to be very slow and understaffed.

Personally, I think the problems are mostly a result of them not having enough support staff on occasions when they know they should have increased numbers. For example, on release of every new headset, and around christmas (the holidays), and adding new login rules.

At the end of the day, facebook is new to supporting hardware and are slowly learning to deal with things they never touched on before. If you don't like facebook.com, you stop using it, but you don't send it back for a refund.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

CamStreet
Sightseer
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. 

They have now issued a return for the replacement headset (yay) however... It's been two weeks since they received the last headset I sent back, and I still have not been sent a new one, so I have 0 faith in the 2-3 day turn around once it is in their sorting hub

Hi, im also waiting for rma about a pixel - they said 3-5 days before I returned it - now I waited 5-6 weeks, they stopped answering my mails - and they have never by themself updated me - though they said they would lots of times. Wondering if I’m ever getting my Q2 back now. 5 weeks????