cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TV Keeps Stopping

HeyHeyHey808
Explorer

I am having an issue where Oculus TV crashes whenever I try to open it, It eventually tells me "Oculus TV keeps Stopping" I tried contacting oculus support but they were unable to help me and has taken our chat to an email where I was told they are looking to resolve this, I'm assuming he has taken it higher than customer support to be resolved. One of my friends had an issue with oculus TV the same time as I did but his was fixed after a system restart, I was not as lucky. I believe it has something to do with a new update that came out for Oculus TV. 

24 REPLIES 24

Chris_van_Rijn
Honored Guest

Same problem here! When I click deny as mentioned above, the app doens't crash anymore but than I can't open my 360 stereoscopic images. If I click allow again, the TV app crashes again or just keeps loading with no files visible... Help! 

I look at my stereoscopic images with Kuula now. Go to Kuula.com and check it out! It's free and works great!

It's working indeed, but the image quality is kind of poor.

VRDiverDan
Honored Guest

Use Pigasus for viewing stereoscopic VR180 and VR360 images or videos, on device or shared via SMB.  If I'd know about it earlier, I would have bought it instead of Skybox.  Regarding Oculus TV, I have the same problem and just chatted with support.  The said it is a known bug, so hopefully it gets resolved soon.  Problem for me is I enabled permissions and cached a video for viewing.  Now that file is sitting there taking up space with no way to delete or watch it.  Hoping this gets resolved soon!

VRDiverDan
Honored Guest

Just got an update to Oculus TV and the issue seems to be resolved! 

As an aside, I tried viewing some highres 3d images I loaded onto the headset and the quality is abysmal on Oculus TV.  I'll continue to use Pigasus as an image viewer.  If you want to see what a quality 3D image looks like, go to the Insta360 Titan product page and download the "Milan Cathedral" and "The Dolomites Flower Field" 11k photo samples.  If you view them on Oculus TV then Pigasus, you'll see the insane difference!

alain.lussier1
Honored Guest

Same here don’t no wat to do 

gorilla.231972
Honored Guest

How do you fix it

Hey @gorilla.231972. We get how important OculusTV is and don't worry we are going to make sure we get this working for you. It seems like @Anonymous was able to figure out a fix for this issue. If that doesn't work, we would like for you to try rebooting the headset by following these steps. 

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Boot Device and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

We look forward to hearing back from you and hearing if any of those steps work. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hiya! We're just popping in to see if you are still needing assistance. If so, please don't hesitate to let us know, thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey I'm having the same issue but it is not working if their is anything that you could help me with can you