cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TV Keeps Stopping

HeyHeyHey808
Explorer

I am having an issue where Oculus TV crashes whenever I try to open it, It eventually tells me "Oculus TV keeps Stopping" I tried contacting oculus support but they were unable to help me and has taken our chat to an email where I was told they are looking to resolve this, I'm assuming he has taken it higher than customer support to be resolved. One of my friends had an issue with oculus TV the same time as I did but his was fixed after a system restart, I was not as lucky. I believe it has something to do with a new update that came out for Oculus TV. 

24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is doing the same.  No matter what I try to watch it crashes and gives me the options to select App Info or Close App.  If I select Close App my Quest 2 locks up for about 10 minutes.  If I chose App Info it takes me back to my home screen but plays the audio for the Back to the Future VR Video.  This happens no matter what I try to watch.

Checked for a system udate and I had one available.  So downloaded it and installed it.  Restarted my Quest 2 and the TV App is still doing the same thing.  There seems to be a few posts on here of it happening.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Same exact situation must be something they did to the app, im sure they are working on it

LazySwan
Honored Guest

Me too, finally after yet another update can open files but it wont show 360 images wow you would think that is one thing a VR headset can do.

Porusa
Honored Guest

If you change the app's permission from "allow" to "deny," it should stop crashing. It worked for me on the first Quest.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check below for fix 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

HERE IS A FIX: go to settings>applications>storage>OculusTV>storage and select DENY. It should work. Thanks @Porusa !

ok, the app doesn't crash anymore, but how do I get to my pictures now?

LazySwan
Honored Guest

Thank you Petercoessens allow deny allow, and i can see my photos but they are not registered as 360 so just flat, this update really didnt go well, annoyed cause i just got a new Insta360 and really wanted to test it out.

Yes, I find it very frustrating...

I wonder if there is another way to see 360 stereoscopic images?

There must be something...