Oculus Virtual audio device

huliqan
Adventurer
What is it? And what does it need?
xelgrnim0hy7.jpg
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe the Virtual Audio Device was created when Oculus pushed out the update with the Link capability to run PC games on Quest.

huliqan
Adventurer
if I don’t need it, then how can I remove it?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
If you right click on it on your sound control panel (top right on your post) you can disable it if you want.  Not sure there is any benefit in doing this though.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

American_DJ1985
Protege
There is huge benefit to doing this.  That stutter shit problem and performance issues is CAUSED BY THIS.

Helcion
Expert Protege

There is huge benefit to doing this.  That stutter shit problem and performance issues is CAUSED BY THIS.

Maybe that's why I had never those problems. The moment this shit popped up in my sound list it bothered me and I disabled it lol

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus I really hope you solve this problem because my bluetooth headphones aren't working because of this. I tried to remove it without any affect and then if I turn bluetooth off and back on it's there again. Uninstsalling Oculus software solved the problem.

riga445
Protege
I right clicked on sound in the task bar (bottom right), clicked "Open Sound settings" then "Manage sound devices" then there I found "Headphones: Oculus Link Virtual Audio Device" under "Output Devices > Disabled" as well as "Input Devices > Disabled". After I clicked it and clicked "Enable" I saw it as an option for output device back in the task bar (lower right) and after I selected it, I heard audio in the headset.

Lethal_Aims
Adventurer
The last Oculus software release included a driver update which re-installs and re-enables this virtual driver, stomping all over your audio devices. This driver serves no purpose for Rift users and the installer behaviour is a nuisance.

GamingTC2
Protege
I have the oculus rift s since the day it came out.  It has been there since day one with the rift s.  It is not just for link with quest.
What stutter problem do you have?