cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus and controller battery display not working

SpookumMcGookums
Explorer

So its not been a year since ive had my oculus and im starting to experience a glitch where it lies about the battery life on my controllers and oculus, i tested this extensively but purposly leaving my oculus on for a while, and when i came back, it still said the oculus was at 100%

and with the controllers its the same deal, nothing has changed, does anyone know how to fix this if it can even BE fixed? Id rather be able to have accurate details on my battery life so i can at least know when to stop and charge it

2 REPLIES 2

SpookumMcGookums
Explorer

So quick update, the battery does go down, but thin* is, even when i charge it, it goes down, itll be at 30% while ive been charging, so ill restart the headset and suddenly itll be at 50%

Heya Spook! We see how this can be a huge problem when wanting to play. Not having the right battery life can ruin the VR experience. Please make sure to check your Cloud Backup is on before you perform the Factory Reset that way your data on apps and games are saved!

Please do the following:

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select System, then select Backup.
  4. Select the toggle next to Cloud Backup to turn Cloud Backup on or off.

You can also click here to see the steps and then you can Factory Reset.

If those don't seem to do the trick, please do reach out to our support team. There you'll get the chance to look into some warranty options for this issue. We look forward to assisting you with this further if need be.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!