cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus app headset settings

Nuggetmasterorg
Honored Guest

When I go into the meta app and I go to headset settings it says “connect to your headset to get information and configure your device” I’m confused and lost please help thanks

25 REPLIES 25

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Nuggetmasterorg, we see you are having difficulties connecting to your headset. We understand how inconvenient this may be, but we're here to assist you all that we can. For us to understand this situation a bit more, can you provide us the following: 

• A screenshot of what is appearing for you.
  • Is this for the mobile app or the PC.
  • Have you paired your headset yet?

We hope to hear from you soon! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

1556AD40-9388-4457-A409-7B5D3EBFF1B8.jpegit’s the mobile app and I’m pretty certain that it is paired.

Hey there Nuggetmasterorg, thanks for getting in touch with us and providing the information we requested. We see how confusing this scenario can be, so let us check into it more for you.

1. Do your phone and headset have the most recent updates?
  2. Have you attempted removing and reinstalling the app?
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yes I have reinstalled the app and my headset is updated

Hey @Nuggetmasterorg! Thanks for reaching back out. We have a few more questions we'd like to ask to get a better understanding of the issue:

1. Is the headset currently fully charged and powered on?
  2. Are the headset and the mobile device connected to the same wifi network?
  3. Have you been able to change these settings in the past? If so when did this issue first start?

Once you get back to us with this information we can look further into this issue. Thanks!

It’s fully charged, they are on the same wifi network, and I’ve never been able to access the headset settings and casting on mobile never worked.

Also I can sync videos

I meant can’t sorry

Hey there @Nuggetmasterorg! Thanks for reaching back out. We have a few more questions and some troubleshooting to try in order to see if we can get this issue resolved.

• Is your Bluetooth on your phone currently enabled?
  • Are you using any wifi extenders to connect to your network?

In addition our best bet would be to try a factory reset of the device so that you can go through the setup process again and re-pair the headset to the app. We will list the steps on how to do this below:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Before doing the factory reset please make sure your "Cloud Backup" is enabled in your settings. Once you have tried these steps please get back to us and let us know if you were able to resolve your issue. Thanks!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?