cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus app link cable inconsistently disconnecting

Etniciteit
Honored Guest

Hey, I have owned a meta quest 3 for 4 months now. I only play PCVR with my link cable via the oculus app.

after one week of playing I started to get random disconnects. Sometimes I would have no issues for a week, and sometimes I would have issues every day for a week.

I tried about every single thing posted on the internet. From manually reinstalling software, to updating usb, gpu, windows drivers, I've literally done everything I could find.

The random part is, sometimes it would just magically work the next day without trying to fix anything. And when I troubleshoot, sometimes I get it working again (mainly by reparing the oculus app), and sometimes it just doesn't work at all.

The only consistent thing about my error is that it always disconnects right after launching the link. (it used to give me like 5 minutes, but nowadays it disconnects after 2 seconds)

Since I have little hope in the oculus app itself being a flawless piece of program, I think the only thing that could help me now is  by someone taking a look at my crash error logs, or something like that....

Help would be very much appreciated because I've been troubleshooting about 40 hours already and nothing helps.

4 REPLIES 4

Etniciteit
Honored Guest

(edit: I have tested multiple cables and ports, even my friends PC, I'm 99.9% sure this issue isn't hardware related

how to pairing

Hi there, @pip.328447. PCVR is a great way to enjoy your headset; it's also a great way to add some extra pizzazz to your VR experience. With that being said, to be able to provide you with the best assistance we can, can you please elaborate on your pairing issue? Specifically, what are you trying to pair? Once we have this info, we'll know how to better proceed with troubleshooting this issue. We look forward to hearing from you, and we hope to get this resolved for you ASAP.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello again, @pip.328447! We just wanted to check in with you and see if you still needed help with the issues you were having with the link cable. If you still need assistance, please feel free to reach back out to us at any time! Have a great day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?